The bk monolith thread-part five

muttley59

Established Member
Reaction score
EDIT: continuing the discussion from here
Nothing worse than waiting for a new toy.....................!!

Don't want to dishearten but mine arrived at 9.00 at night, after a couple of calls to the delievery company, that was OK though, but the chap who delivered seemed to be smaller than the sub packaging..................that was a problem in terms of getting it off the truck, but hey ho, all's well when it ends well.

Which it will, enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!!

Me....................I off to finally audition select my KEF R's this afternoon, also can't wait!!

9 o'clock at nite :eek::eek:

Thinks I might be ringing TNT to see where it is now !!! :lease:

Oh and enjoy your audition :smashin:

Last edited by a moderator:
muttley59 said:
Thats just crazy :eek:

Just out of interest what headphones are you getting ??

The reason I ask is a friend of mine that keeps helping me spend money showed me a set .....Denon AH-D5000 ... didn't know you could spend that much on headphones but I am finding as I go along I keep looking at better quality stuff and the problem with is the pockets are not deep enough :eek:

But hey you only live once :devil:

Bose OE 2i. I know there not the best headphones on the world but they're really compact. Had Bose before and they're good enough for me. Got them for £127.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Last edited:
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Great News. [-] I'm carving this off into a new thread so don't worry if you don't spot it immediately.[/-] Done, apologies to sergiup :smashin:

Last edited:
As promised pics of my shiny new toy :clap:

Am I impressed ?? ... Oh Hell yeah !!! :thumbsup:

Probably went a bit over the top with the pictures but hey am a very happy chap :D :laugh: :rotfl:

Would like to a Big thanks to all at BK Electronics :smashin: ..... One of the best shopping experiences I have had .... nothing was to much trouble .... am sure Tom must of got fed-up with me ringing as I have to admit my knowledge is not what I would like it to be ... Just Awesome :thumbsup:

Attachments

• DSC02021.JPG
    DSC02021.JPG
    219.1 KB · Views: 1,272
  • DSC02022.JPG
    DSC02022.JPG
    222.8 KB · Views: 1,197
  • DSC02023.JPG
    DSC02023.JPG
    162.2 KB · Views: 1,232
  • DSC02024.JPG
    DSC02024.JPG
    160.9 KB · Views: 1,295
  • DSC02025.jpg
    DSC02025.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 1,586
  • DSC02026.JPG
    DSC02026.JPG
    168.9 KB · Views: 1,359
  • DSC02027.JPG
    DSC02027.JPG
    169.1 KB · Views: 1,245
  • DSC02028.JPG
    DSC02028.JPG
    197.1 KB · Views: 1,232
  • DSC02029.JPG
    DSC02029.JPG
    171.2 KB · Views: 1,372
  • DSC02030.JPG
    DSC02030.JPG
    199.4 KB · Views: 1,271
  • DSC02031.JPG
    DSC02031.JPG
    185.2 KB · Views: 1,360
Last edited:
As promised pics of my shiny new toy :clap:

Am I impressed ?? ... Oh Hell yeah !!! :thumbsup:

Probably went a bit over the top with the pictures but hey am a very happy chap :D :laugh: :rotfl:

A. Perfect. Fit! Congrats! :arty:

A. Perfect. Fit! Congrats! :arty:

Thanks Dave :hiya:

I have to admit the chairs were moved a bit but hey it couldn't of gone any better :smashin:

And the sound !!! ... well :devil: :devil:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

What can I say, truly awesome!!

It certainly lives up to its name Monolith in that piano black finish. Now I just gotta avoid the temptation to get one of these, my Rel Stadium II is at least 12 years old and I reckon the BK Monolith+ is a total bargain in terms of performance for price.

Have fun running it in, keep us updated on the state of your internal organs!! :D

muttley59

Excellent news, perfect fit, drinks mat on top, enjoy.......................great speaker!

What can I say, truly awesome!!

It certainly lives up to its name Monolith in that piano black finish. Now I just gotta avoid the temptation to get one of these, my Rel Stadium II is at least 12 years old and I reckon the BK Monolith+ is a total bargain in terms of performance for price.

Have fun running it in, keep us updated on the state of your internal organs!! :D

Its all your doing ..... you directed me to there site :smashin:

You know you want one .... just order it :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Last edited:
Great pics (and only just slightly speedier than your delivery too,you lucky boy!)
Glad the fit was ok too, looks good in there.
As you are using the Mono as a table-cum-earthshaker have you considered a glass top as mentioned earlier in the threads?
If you want the info. and can't find it just give us a shout and me or someone else will find it for you.
Welcome to the MonoClub :clap:

Great pics (and only just slightly speedier than your delivery too,you lucky boy!)
Glad the fit was ok too, looks good in there.
As you are using the Mono as a table-cum-earthshaker have you considered a glass top as mentioned earlier in the threads?
If you want the info. and can't find it just give us a shout and me or someone else will find it for you.
Welcome to the MonoClub :clap:

Thanks Wavod :smashin:

Have been down there just enjoying the new sound :D

Would like to take you up on the offer of where the info is on the glass table top ...... after ordering the sub .... it all happened quicker than I thought it would and have had some thoughts on what type of glass and the best way to fit it but always better to get others points of view :smashin:

Funny thing is at the moment the old coffee table is sat in front of the sub protecting it from my two crazy hounds ... looks well out of place but I don't think I want to put anything on top of it until the glass top is sorted :rolleyes:

Pic of crazy hounds attached :laugh::D

Attachments

• DSC01573.JPG
    DSC01573.JPG
    221.7 KB · Views: 1,034
muttley59 said:

Would like to take you up on the offer of where the info is on the glass table top ...... after ordering the sub .... it all happened quicker than I thought it would and have had some thoughts on what type of glass and the best way to fit it but always better to get others points of view :smashin:

Funny thing is at the moment the old coffee table is sat in front of the sub protecting it from my two crazy hounds ... looks well out of place but I don't think I want to put anything on top of it until the glass top is sorted :rolleyes:

It can be a little tricky setting up the mono, especially at first as one tends to "turn it up loud captain!" but once set correctly, it's awesome!!

It can be a little tricky setting up the mono, especially at first as one tends to "turn it up loud captain!" but once set correctly, it's awesome!!

I have to say and have probably said before my knowledge is not what I would like it to be but with some advice from a good friend and Tom at BK on how to set it up, it just sounds awesome and when you consider I live in a terraced council house "Turn it up load isnt an option and would probably = eviction :eek:"

Maybe I just got lucky because I just cant get over how much better the whole sound system sounds :thumbsup:

Going to be some serious watching of films and listening to music :D

muttley59 said:
I have to say and have probably said before my knowledge is not what I would like it to be but with some advice from a good friend and Tom at BK on how to set it up, it just sounds awesome and when you consider I live in a terraced council house "Turn it up load isnt an option and would probably = eviction :eek:"

Maybe I just got lucky because I just cant get over how much better the whole sound system sounds :thumbsup:

Going to be some serious watching of films and listening to music :D

Great! Just ran Audyssey myself and found I had the mono too high. Good test discs are Batman dark knight, saving private Ryan and (my fav) Super 8. Let us know how you get on.

Audyssey generally sets the sub a little low, it's always best to check the settings once you have completed the routine.

Audyssey generally sets the sub a little low, it's always best to check the settings once you have completed the routine.

Am glad you brought this up as when I do my Audyssey it always wants me to set the sub to 75db

My question is ... is this classed as low ?

Cheers

Dave

For the calibration I run the sub level in the Onkyo at anything up to a 10 db increase. Then when the calibration has finished I adjust the level in the Onkyo again.

Regarding the glass top, you just need to look up your local glazier and get them to cut to 40.5cm x 52.5cm (obviously confirm measurements first to your taste!) of toughened glass with bevelled edges and rounded corners. Then all you need are some clear adhesive gel pads/feet which you can find on 'the Bay' or DIY stores.
Apart from the obvious benefit of putting things on the Mono the top will be nicely protected from 'The Crazy Hounds' :laugh:
Hope this helps, Dave.

Wavod said:
Regarding the glass top, you just need to look up your local glazier and get them to cut to 40.5cm x 52.5cm (obviously confirm measurements first to your taste!) of toughened glass with bevelled edges and rounded corners. Then all you need are some clear adhesive gel pads/feet which you can find on 'the Bay' or DIY stores.
Apart from the obvious benefit of putting things on the Mono the top will be nicely protected from 'The Crazy Hounds' :laugh:
Hope this helps, Dave.

And how much do they cost approx?

Wavod said:
Depends on what your local glazier charges of course, but I'd say around £20ish. :)

£20's not bad.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom