Distinguished Member
Links: Amazon.co.uk - Arrow - Deff.com - HMV - Zavvi

Arte Originale LE: Arrow

Release date: 28/06/2021

TBwtCP_LE_4K.jpg

TBwtCP_LE_4K (contents).jpg

4K ULTRA HD BLU-RAY LIMITED EDITION CONTENTS:
  • New 4K restoration from the original negative by Arrow Films
  • 4K (2160p) UHD Blu-ray presentation in Dolby Vision (HDR10 compatible)
  • Restored original lossless mono Italian and English soundtracks
  • English subtitles for the Italian soundtrack
  • Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing for the English soundtrack
  • Audio commentary by Troy Howarth, author of So Deadly, So Perverse: 50 Years of Italian Giallo Films
  • Black Gloves and Screaming Mimis, an interview with author and critic Kat Ellinger exploring the films themes and its relationship to both the giallo and Fredric Browns novel The Screaming Mimi
  • The Power of Perception, a visual essay on the cinema of Dario Argento by Alexanda Heller-Nicholas, author of Devils Advocates: Suspiria and The Giallo Canvas: Art, Excess and Horror Cinema, reflecting on the recurring theme of perception and the role of art in Argentos filmography
  • Crystal Nightmare, an interview with writer/director Dario Argento
  • An Argento Icon, an interview with actor Gildo Di Marco
  • Evas Talking, an archival interview with actor Eva Renzi
  • Original Italian and international theatrical trailers
  • 2017 Texas Frightmare trailer
  • Image galleries
  • Illustrated collectors booklet featuring writing on the film by Howard Hughes and Jack Seabrook, and a new essay by Rachael Nisbet
  • Fold-out double-sided poster featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Obviously Creative
  • Six double-sided, postcard-sized lobby card reproduction artcards
  • Limited edition packaging with reversible sleeve featuring originally and newly commissioned artwork by Obviously Creative

Arte Originale Limited Edition (Limited to 1,000 copies):
TBwtCP_LE_4K (arte originale) (contents).jpg

Last edited:

Lateralusuk

I'm guessing this is one that arrow will be announcing later on this afternoon. Not usual for Amazon to jump the gun with the listing

Coz22998

Distinguished Member
Sigh.......another double dip. After Demons, I’m tempted to pick this up digitally as I’m more than happy with the extras package of the existing set. But will see in the official announcement what’s new........

lgans316

Distinguished Member
Arrow on full frontal assault mode now lol

LarryBW

Standard Member
1616780921227.png

Anybody any idea what the diffference between these 2 is? Pic makes them look the same apart from a different poster for double the price.

Coz22998

Distinguished Member
Alternative cover option now available to pre-order at Arrow.
Limited to 1,000 copies.
Man.....that new artwork has me all a tizzy........

Thank god for reward points then! £9 is an easier double dip to stomach.........:love:

Cheers for the heads up squire! :smashin:

Coz22998

Distinguished Member
worth a blind buy?
Have you seen any other Argento’s?

Its a great pure giallo - it’s packed full of Argento’s stock brilliant camera moves, set pieces that go nowhere but are brilliantly constructed, red herrings and weird supporting characters, all serving a great mystery with a decent twist ending.

It’s no Suspiria or Deep Red but it’s a lovely watch so yeah, I’d say it’s a solid blind buy.

Marv

Suspended
Yeah i own Tenebrae and Deep Red but never seen this one. Heard of it of course.

Coz22998

Distinguished Member
Yeah i own Tenebrae and Deep Red but never seen this one. Heard of it of course.
It’s much closer to Tenebrae so if you dig that, you’ll pretty much dig this. I say throw caution to the wind and jump on this like a tramp on a chip! :D

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LG C1 OLED First Thoughts + JBL Synthesis SDR-35 Review, TV Show & Disc Reviews & more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom