The Biggest Who Owns What Thread 2006.

I own the following...

• Total voters

BadAss

Banned
As 2006 is drawing to a close I thought I would take the opportunity to create an end of year Who Owns What Thread. This is a public vote Multiple choices welcome.

Maybe a MOD could extend the vote to include other models.

dino2021

Good idea, if your going to get an E1, EX1 or Pioneer BR player vote for future players in the correct format :)

You could do with adding ...have 360 add on...will upgarde to stand alone hd-dvd when available...

Rasczak

Distinguished Member
Had to vote for a few choices there:

- Samsung BD-P1000 - it's my main BluRay player until a 'highend' model arrives.
- Waiting for a future BD player - as soon as a model comes along that significantly betters my Samsung I'll buy.
- 360 Add-on - got one on order to use with my PC.
- Toshiba HD-XA1 - my main HD DVD player.
- Waiting for a future HD-DVD player - got an XE1 on order for my second setup.

...could have mentioned BluRay/HD DVD laptops in the poll as well I suppose. I'll be getting one of those in due course as well. :)

rover2002

Novice Member
Had to vote for a few choices there:

- Samsung BD-P1000 - it's my main BluRay player until a 'highend' model arrives.
- Waiting for a future BD player - as soon as a model comes along that significantly betters my Samsung I'll buy.
- 360 Add-on - got one on order to use with my PC.
- Toshiba HD-XA1 - my main HD DVD player.
- Waiting for a future HD-DVD player - got an XE1 on order for my second setup.

...could have mentioned BluRay/HD DVD laptops in the poll as well I suppose. I'll be getting one of those in due course as well. :)
Me to !
I'd like an XA2 to replace my A1 for the faster load times.I also will look into a BR player next year probably the Panny.Now saying all that, i then realized what i really need is a Universal player :D

richard plumb

Distinguished Member
Voted for my PS3 and 360 add on.

BTW, you could do with editing that last item to 'waiting for a future HD player'. Don't want people thinking your biased towards HD-DVD do we?

:p

Rasczak

Distinguished Member
BTW, you could do with editing that last item to 'waiting for a future HD player'. Don't want people thinking your biased towards HD-DVD do we?
I don't think there is much chance of that :) Seriously though he has included an option of "future BD player" so, if you haven't yet purchased you just vote for the machine you are planning on purchasing.

Just noticed the RCA HD DVD player is missing...I suppose owners of that machine could vote under A1?

I didn't know that you could make multiple choice polls.. I'm waiting for all things Hi-Def.

Miniholic

I've voted for waiting for future BD and HD-DVD, although I'm hoping that it will be a one box solution.:lease:

dino2021

:p
Then how would people vote for the European HD DVD players E1,EX1, future players in each format covers anything missing or not in the other 4 options

I actually think Badass did a pretty fair poll :thumbsup:

Batch

Novice Member
I've got the Xbox 360 HD DVD Drive but have also got the HD E1 on order with Amazon.

at 11 o'clock ish the numbers are:

15 people have some form of blu-ray
75 people have some form of HD-DVD

It doesnt take a maths genius to work out which is winning the war does it?

And 15 people waiting for a blu-ray player
with 30 people waiting for an HD-DVD player

richard plumb

Distinguished Member
I don't think there is much chance of that :) Seriously though he has included an option of "future BD player" so, if you haven't yet purchased you just vote for the machine you are planning on purchasing.

Just noticed the RCA HD DVD player is missing...I suppose owners of that machine could vote under A1?

oops, missed the 'future BD player' part...

MitchR

Novice Member

Which is quite obvious since the 360 add-on is included. Leave that one out of it since it doesn't do anything without a pc or 360 and the numbers are more closely together

HD-DVD is winning the war.. c'mon Drago!!!

That's an AV joke that not many people will get...:D

Bald Monkey

Novice Member
Which is quite obvious since the 360 add-on is included. Leave that one out of it since it doesn't do anything without a pc or 360 and the numbers are more closely together

:rolleyes:

And 50% of the people who took part in this survey are in the wrong Forum!!!

:confused:

:boring:

Kopite4Ever

Novice Member
I have the 360 Add-On and will be getting a blu-ray player in jan/feb time. Will probably pick up a G1 player for cheap untill the whole thing settles down and i can buy hopefully a grade A player of the winning format or a grade a dual format player. As im not in a mad mad rush to be recieving TrueHD & DTS MA Audio so the 360 plus a samsung BDP1000 player would suit me down to the ground for the next 12-18 months.

The blu-ray titles coming as of 2007 has tipped me into getting the player a bit earlier that i was considering, im just a movie fan at heart not a brand or format loyalist i just want the best quality films at the end of the day :)

cj

Try this poll and look at the numbers that actually own either player (and we won't even include the 360 add on): -

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=434577

I already have a Blu-ray player 5
I already have an HD DVD player 66

Real close ;) And that's even after an official UK release of Blurry - the UK HD DVD standalones have not even been released yet. Apparently most people here would rather import a 110v HD DVD player with a 30 day warranty, rather than buy a UK 240v Blurry player with full warranty...

BD = UMD, MS, BETAMAX etc. etc.

MitchR

Novice Member
Try this poll and look at the numbers that actually own either player (and we won't even include the 360 add on): -

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=434577

I already have a Blu-ray player 5
I already have an HD DVD player 66

Real close ;) And that's even after an official UK release of Blurry - the UK HD DVD standalones have not even been released yet. Apparently most people here would rather import a 110v HD DVD player with a 30 day warranty, rather than buy a UK 240v Blurry player with full warranty...
Now that can't be right can it, since in this poll it's stated that more than 5 people actually HAVE a BD-player :D

However, I don't really care about these figures, they're meaningless since 5, 66, 100.000 players on how many billion people all over the world is like a soft breeze, if it even comes close that is ;)

dino2021

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
I have heard some rubbish in my time but that takes the biscuit, lets leave out a device because of the way its connected, that is the best ever. I am sure the extra discs they sell to the owners of said 360 HD players wont be counted either, as after all they are not really been played in a HD DVD player as it needs to be on 1 box to be counted. Priceless

I have heard some rubbish in my time but that takes the biscuit, lets leave out a device because of the way its connected, that is the best ever. I am sure the extra discs they sell to the owners of said 360 HD players wont be counted either, as after all they are not really been played in a HD DVD player as it needs to be on 1 box to be counted. Priceless
I agree. Looks like the few people (the two of you know who you are...) are trying to justify their purchase.

HD-DVD is winning this war and its not even been released properly in the uk yet! It wont take firms long to see whos winning by the amount of hd-dvds being sold. I dont think it will be long before we see people like pioneer making hd-dvd players instead of blu-ray(hopefully denon will decide soon and bring out their own player!)

MitchR

Novice Member
I agree. Looks like the few people (the two of you know who you are...) are trying to justify their purchase.

HD-DVD is winning this war and its not even been released properly in the uk yet! It wont take firms long to see whos winning by the amount of hd-dvds being sold. I dont think it will be long before we see people like pioneer making hd-dvd players instead of blu-ray(hopefully denon will decide soon and bring out their own player!)
You're having a laugh, really, it all makes sense to me now :)

MitchR

Novice Member
:rotfl: what does a movie has to do with what kind of player you have, you seem to totally miss the point, never mind :D

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...

Latest News

iFi Audio launches iDSD Diablo DAC/Headphone amp
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Samsung launches Galaxy Buds Pro
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Samsung launches Galaxy S21, S21+ and S21 Ultra smart phones
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Mola Mola debuts Kula integrated amplifier
  • By Andy Bassett