The big technical downside to active crossovers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think he has realised there are a lot of knowledgeable people on AVF?

It is not an undeniable fact,it is an opinion. .. though why someone would want the massive phase transitions that an 8th order filter , whether implemented in passive components or in active circuits using feedback, deserves explanation.
There is an element of the Emperor' New clothes at this highly esoteric end of the market.

What, so in your opinion, 4th and 8th order op amp based active crossovers don't add a lot of transistors to the signal path?

Your opinion on this being based on which actual real life active crossovers?

...I've read too many times his statements on how superior his system was and won bake offs but then other participants of the same bake off did not agree. His credibility and integrity ( or knowledge) aren't first rate.
Please provide examples to support your statement.

Your post is highly personally insulting.

Your comments in this post add nothing of value to the topic of the number of active amplification devices that active crossovers add to the signal path.

If you have nothing to say of value to the topic of the thread then please don't post in it.

And making personally insulting comments is just trolling behaviour on your part.

What, so in your opinion, 4th and 8th order op amp based active crossovers don't add a lot of transistors to the signal path?
Transistors are discrete devices so NO.
An integrated circuit is ONE device and this does make a difference to performance.
This donkey has well and truly been flogged, sued and is living in the Bahamas off the money awarded.

Your opinion on this being based on which actual real life active crossovers?
Of course there are more transistors inside ics, than in even a discrete transistor implementation of an amplifier . There are plenty of good technical reasons .. for instance, transistors being used as loads instead of resistors, thus increasing linearity. The close thermal and doping matching of an ic increases accuracy.
My point repeated yet again,and since it is the third ,it will be the final time, is that anything inside the feedback loop behaves as a single component... I am used to dealing with slow learners ,but with obstinate ones,I draw the line.

Last edited:
I have asked that this thread be closed.

Closed as it's going nowhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom