The Big Question - How do you eat your Mince Pie(s)

What do have on your Mince Pie?

• Total voters

Jay J

What do you eat with your Mince Pie at Christmas?

I hope I have set up this poll correctly (I have not done one before). I think I have covered most things.

Last edited:

Jay J

*Deleted*

Thanks mods for merging my 2 threads. :smashin:

Last edited:

kav

Distinguished Member
Plain is fine, but I wouldn't say no to a bit of cream. Whipped though, not pouring cream.

Jay J

If I could, I would have added a second question about temperature, or possibly added 3 more options to cover it, but still, you only have 5 mins to add this poll after you've started a thread.

Saldawop

Distinguished Member
Hot and on their own. I don't like the normal variety .I like the ones with the flaky pastry

fizl

Warm with cream, brandy cream or butter for preference. Won't say no to custard, but would rather go plain than with ice cream

dc8900

Distinguished Member
Out of the box, by itself at room temperature (mainly as I'm too lazy to do anything else)

One at a time (and with a large cup of coffee with a splash of Tia Maria in it) if they're shop bought.

And six at a time if my missus has made them. But once again, I do like a nice cup of coffee with them to wash them down.

baldrick

Novice Member
Now that I live in a backward, third world country that doesn't know what a mince pie is I bake my own (they do sell Robertson's mince meat) and they are delicious hot or cold.

I eat them plain, mainly because if I was to go to the effort of serving them with something I'd have to have 3 or 4 to make it worthwhile...

Citizen J

Novice Member
In the minority here I would think but I don't like mince pies. I severely dislike them and I can't for the life of me remember the last time I had one.

pandemic

Usually just slightly heated and that's it. There are the odd occasions with custard and very rarely with ice cream.

DIYlady

Distinguished Member
Freshly baked

Make them early (own pastry). Freeze them raw. Cook as many as we need straight from frozen.
Don't like shop bought ones though

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Trinnov Room Optimiser: A full explanation of Trinnov and its room optimiser technology
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Amazon Music fully available on Android TV and Google TV platforms
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Sony announces A90J UK/EU price and March availability
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
AVForums Podcast: 27th February 2021
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
Musical Fidelity launches M3x Vinyl phono stage