The Big Lebowski - Limited Edition Blu-ray Review & Comments

Tech News

Reaction score
Reviewed by Cas Harlow, 12th October 2011.
The films of the Coen Brothers are a real mixed bunch, each and every one of them coming with the love-hate marmite taste that will excite some viewers, whilst leaving others out in the cold. For me, The Big Lebowski represents one of their two truly great offerings, a hilarious offbeat comedy that takes the framework of the classic Raymond Chandler/Phillip Marlowe story The Big Sleep and reworks it into an almost unrecognisable new vision, packed to the brim with Coen-trademark wacky characters, snappy, clever dialogue, and an unpredictable narrative which will hopefully have you enthralled and in stitches for the duration. Certainly not to everybody’s tastes, if you don’t like The Big Lebowski, there’s really little you will understand about the love that others have for this film; but if you do fall in love with it, then you will find yourself a part of a surprisingly extensive group of people who seem to cherish the exploits of The Dude and are capable of quoting him all day and all night as the tumbleweed rolls by.

On Region Free UK Limited Edition Blu-ray we get all of the same largely excellent extras as the recent, equivalent US counterpart, but unfortunately have to contend with the same marginally disappointing video. Thankfully the audio is superb, and, overall, it’s still a worthy upgrade and a solid package that’s worth picking up and adding to your collection. Whether you love or hate the films of the Coen Brothers, you should still take each and every one as they come, and, whilst you may not appreciate the wonderful world of The Dude, it’s sure as hell worth giving it a shot to find out if you do.

Read the full review...

Thanks for the review dude :smashin:. Not that I needed it...I've owned this about 4 times now :p and I finally got it on Bluray. I just like hearing what other people think!

My all-time favorite movie :love:

8 years old dude!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom