• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

The Big Lebowski HD DVD Review

Tech News

News Supplying Robot
The Big Lebowski is an absolute classic, one of my favourite Coen Brothers movies – and this is coming from someone who is not a particular fan of them – and it comes highly recommended to anybody and everybody, whether or not you like the Coens’ work. This HD DVD release comes with an improved video and acceptable audio, as well as the limited extras ported straight from the SD DVD version, making it of only limited worth in respect of an upgrade. Basically, if you’re a big fan you’ll be slightly disappointed that this HD DVD isn’t a little bit more special than the relatively recent 2005 SD DVD version. Newcomers, on the other hand, will know no better and as such this is still the definitive edition to own at the moment – the definitive version of an all-time classic movie that is well worth checking out, or even blind-buying.
Read the full review...

Good review. The video on this one certainly isn't great, from what I've seen. In fact I have a strong suggestion that this (as well as another Universal title, "Eternal Sunshine") are actually taken from 720p masters.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom