The Beyond - Anchor Bay Tin Edition!

PoochJD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to let horror and "nasty" fans know what a great set this is.

Apart from the (widescreen 16:9 enhanced, 2.35:1 print) film, which has a choice of mono soundtrack, Dolby Surround 2.0, and a Dolby Surround 5.1, you get a choice of original language with subtitles or dubbed prints, 5 postcars of various posters of the film; a 48 page detailed booklet; plus tons of extras.

The sound is stunning, although I only have a 28" Nicam Stereo 4:3 TV with a Pioneer 626D multi-region DVD player, so I'm not going to be the best or most reliable poster here on sound quality. The picture has been substantially restored, and is vastly superior to any VHS version I have ever seen. Yes, some scenes are still a little tainted with specklies, hairlines, but this is not the DVD encoding, but the quality of the print itself, which bear in mind is nearly 20 years old and from Italy, so the original quality was never going to be as stunning as something like the "Terminator 2" or "Abyss S.E." prints that we are now expecting!

Seeing the gore scenes intact for the very first time, is a true shock, and despite the age of the print, there will be at least 2 scenes that will make your jaw drop in sheer shock: one involves a man being eaten alive by spiders, and the second involves a little girl zombie being shot at close range through the head! Not at all pleasant!

Anchor Bay scores yet again! Highly recommended! (And great to see Catriona MacColl still looking as young as ever, and as beautiful as she was back in 1981!!!)

Pooch

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom