1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The best way to keep my screen from wrinkling would be to....

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by akerman, Dec 9, 2004.

?
  1. roll it up!

9 vote(s)
    56.3%
  2. roll it down!

7 vote(s)
    43.8%
  1. akerman

akerman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    leave it rolled up as much as possible, or leave it rolled out/down as much as possible?

2. akerman

akerman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Lol, 88 views and 3/2.. this isn't as conclusive as I'd hoped =)

3. moco

moco

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am surprised this is even in dispute.
    A screen can be rolled up for years in a warehouse before being sold and not be wrinkled, until it is put into use. No force can wrinkle it while it is rolled up.

4. akerman

akerman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My thinking is like this:
    If you roll it up in such a way that there is a slight crease somewhere in the roll, letting it stay rolled up will only re-enforce that crease over time... whereas, if you keep it rolled down, gravity might stretch the material.

I'm asking because my new screen came with wrinkles the minute I rolled it down the first time... I was hoping gravity would take care of the wrinkles, but it hasn't done so yet =(

5. moco

moco

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You may have a point there, but these creases shouldn't occur. In your case, I think you should replace the screen.
    Most of the problems with pull-down screens occur when they hang and start to wave.

6. PTG

PTG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Wrinkles on a new screen :eek: I would send it straight back.

How much did you pay, if it was a cheapeeeee then as they say you get what u pay for.

I have an electric 6ft from Owl and it is kept up when not in use, had it for 3yrs now with no problems, but if it had a wrinkle when delivered.......I would demand another one.

As for manual screens I think the problem is down to material and construction along with roller action in the housing.

Hope you get it sorted mate :)

7. akerman

akerman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The retail price is around £500, I paid £330. Keep in mind this is Denmark though, our prices are probably a bit higher than yours =(

If it was bought at a local store I'd take it back in a heartbeat, but it wasn't.. so I'd have to pay for shipping charges to return it, and for that huge thing .. = expensive, and who's to say the replacement screen wouldn't wrinkle as well? :p

8. PTG

PTG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok. shipping may be expensive, will the supplier cover this cost? have you spoke to them? but all I'm saying is what is the point of having a screen which is meant to be totally flat.......but has wrinkles. Send it back and ask for a refund or choose an alternative.

The main point here is... does it effect your viewing pleasure? :rolleyes: ??? If so it needs to be replaced. After all you have paid for a product which is actually........Faulty! :suicide:

9. jcdub

jcdub
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    draper baronet wrinkles are worse if the screen is left rolled up