The Best Way To Get Sky+

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by wow400, Aug 5, 2004.

1. wow400

wow400
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Searched for this but couldn't find any threads.
    What is the best way to get Sky + nowadays? I don't want any sport channels & not really after movie channels either. I've never been a sky customer before & don't need multiroom.
    Just trying to get the cheapest deal on a new sky+ box - am I better off getting it all through Sky or buying the bits needed & installing it myself & then calling sky?
    Any top tips?
    Many thanks
    Nic

2. pinter75

pinter75
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sky+ for £179 with quad LNB

You can install it yourself and then phone sky up to activate it all and subscribe. The down side to this is that if it breaks down, you have to go to the retailer you bought the gear off to get it fixed. I was going to go down this route, but prefer the knowledge that if it does break, a Sky engineer will pop out and provide a new box.

Or buy the stuff, and get Sky to install it, I think if they install it - they have to fix it - I may be wrong on this though.

As you are a new customer you can get the whole lot from Sky for £219 - £199 for the box and £10 for the installation if you order in-line from Sky. Don't forget to avoid the £10 sub for Sky+ you will need to sub to 2 premium channels.

:offtopic: I am an existing Sky user, subscribing to more than one premium channel, installed and bought the Sky digital gear myself. Phoned up to ask about Sky+ and it will be £199 + £60 for installation. It stinks that new customers get discounts where long stading loyal customers get nowt. I even asked that if I cancel my existing subscription and then came back as a new customer to get the deals and was told: "Once you have subscribed to Sky, you will not be allowed to come back as a new user - ever. If we find out we will charge you £120 for the installation".

Don't you just love them :)

3. wow400

wow400
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers - they are gits but I guess they're out to make cash!
    Be nice to have someone on the inside so to speak to see if there are any new offers coming up?
    Thanks again
    Nic

4. Jackass

Jackass

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +615
    Go through BT if your a new customer of sky and they do the Sky+ box and another free digibox with free installation, £149 for the sky+ box and again if you subscribe to 2 premium channels you waver the £10 amonth sky+ charge AND sky sports free for 3 months!

Tel. BT on 0808 100 5152 and they should put you through to sky, do not phone sky direct.