1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

the best way to compare amps,sound wise???

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by mick23, Nov 10, 2002.

1. mick23

mick23
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    a dealer all being well ,will demo for me at home next week,unico-remote and for comparison mf3.2, i will be "judging the above amps against my 3802 for 2 channell sterio from cd,(although i wish to use preouts from 3802 to integrated running front speakers for av use) i have never heard a valve amp, (the unico has valves in its pre amp stage, and according to dealers i have spoke to has good midrange but is more (mellow) in sound than the mf which has been described as having more (punch) i am sure the above amps will sound (differant to one another) should i just trust my (ears) as whether they are (much better than 3802, or only slightly so ,if at all) trying to get at "differant sound ,might not mean "better sound, thank you

2. WhyAyeMan

WhyAyeMan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +277
    Just see which one "does it" for you. Forget reviews or other peoples opinion, you will know when you have found it.

3. mick23

mick23
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    thanks paul found your thread on hifi choice re (auditioning) thing is i have had some demos recently in store of sterio-amps,most of the time they sound differant to one another, but i am not convinced they are that much better in 2 chan than my 3802, having a home demo wednesday, should be easier to tell as i can play 3802,link up other amps, and trust my ears ,thanks