THE best value Pro fixed screen!

C

Cam

I feel compelled to post recommending Carada screens. This is my second (I bought my first one, a 16/9 104in diag secondhand) and I have had nothing but good experiences with them. From answering questions to placing my order I have been really impressed with the prompt replies from David Giles and the "nothing is too much trouble" attitude. The quality and pricing are spot on and my package arrived at my door 4 days after I ordered it from their website www.carada.com.
If anyone is in the market for a fixed screen I would say you will not get a better screen for the money.

Cam
PS, I am not associated with Carada other than being a very satisfied customer

hi
im in the market for a 7ft wide fixed screen, problem being this will be in my living room....so am after something that doesnt look cheap or tacky.
the only ones i have seen at the moment have been a d2u screen and an ellie screen. have to say the best looking one up to yet is the suede finished d2u screen. have looked at the carada website, but they dont have close up pics of the frame.... any chance you could emailor post me a pic.....

any help and suggestions appreciated.

best wishes and regards to all
nick.

I am going away over the bank holiday weekend but will get some pictures to you after the holiday. The Carada has velvet trim as standard and the finish is really excellent. If you are wanting pictures sooner David at Carada will email you some if you email [email protected]

Cam

hi
thanks very much for your help cam, have just sent them an email.
will let you know how i get on.
best wishes and regards
nick.

Why not consider the draper onyx fixed screen? I ummed and arred about diying a fps until i saw one of these babies.

Not heard many people waxing lyrical about these screens, but my 92" diag 16/9 veltex covered aluminium framed beaut with a matte white screen (1.3- 1) is my current pride and joy.

Bought mine from Purple Cat.

Highly recommended.

Why not consider the draper onyx fixed screen? I ummed and arred about diying a fps until i saw one of these babies.

When I was after a 16/9 screen a while back I checked out lots of fixed screens from Da-Lite, Draper, Vutec, Stewart, Ellie etc and after seeing a Carada while in the US plumped for one of them. I checked out the Draper Onyx and it didn't hold a candle in either quality or price to a Carada IMO.
When I decided I wanted to go to a 2.35/1 fixed height setup and needed a new screen I chose a Carada for the great quality, unbeatable value and the fact that they do that aspect ratio as std plus they dont charge extra for velvet trim like most others.

Cam

Each to their own i guess, but i'm more than happy with my choice of screen.

IMO one to consider for quality and price.

Originally posted by beoswene

Not heard many people waxing lyrical about these screens, but my 92" diag 16/9 veltex covered aluminium framed beaut with a matte white screen (1.3- 1) is my current pride and joy.

Bought mine from Purple Cat.

Highly recommended.

hi
will take a look at these to... i notice that they are based just up the road from where i live.
might be handy.
thanks for sugestion much apreciated.
best wishes and regards
nick.

I too checked out lots of fixed screens, Ellie, Beamax, Draper, d2u. I purchased Ellie and Beamax and returned them in the end as they just weren't what I expected although they were good screens, IMO they were eclipsed by the 74" diag Carada 16:9.
Even with import charges and shipping, it was still the cheapest velvet trimmed I could source. My hubby insisted that it had to look good because it was going in the living room. It looks great.
Carada do custom sizes too and the owner David Giles was superb throughout my dealings with him.
The Carada screens are great value for money.

Umu

hi
thanks cam, beoswene, uzubairo, for taking the time to help me out. very much appreciated.
have been intouch with carada have picks of the frame. and must confess it looks quite good, have decided to go with one of the precision screeens. just have to confirm screen size and make a choice as to which screen material to go for 4 hs20.
once again many thx 2 all
best wishes and regards
nick.

It cost me $211US for Express shipping (with Bax Global) door to door for one of their C136P screens (box was 12 feet long by about 8 inch square). The packaging was top notch and the screen arrived in perfect condition plus took just a few days from ordering to arriving. The before and aftersales service has been second to none as well.

Cam

Yes Customs took their cut. I looked into getting a pal to buy one for me but due to the large size of the package it couldn't be brought back as excess baggage (lol). The total I paid for the screen was $1067US (inc HC grey material option which was $75 extra and the shipping at $211US) and then when Bax delivered it I got a customs bill for £134GBP.
The total I paid for my screen (delivered, taxes etc) was £725GBP (at todays exchange rate, it was just under £700 when I bought it) all in for a 10 feet wide 2.35/1 aspect ratio Precision series with optional HC grey material.
The tolerance that the screen is manufactured to really impressed me and if I want to change to a matte white or 1.4 gain material (higher gain materials are in the pipeline I think) in the future David Giles at Carada was happy to sell me just the material all prepared for my frame. I must say again that I am not connected with Carada other than being a satisfied customer but the whole experience with Carada from day one has been top notch.

Cam

i would be looking at get a 102" 1:78 screen as thats my projectors ratio, normal matt white including postage works out at around £414 (no customs charge yet) so maybe around £480-90 not bad at all.

£414 + 2% import duty = 422.28 then VAT on everything (even the shipping cost and I still don't understand how they justify this) to make a grand total of £496.88 and a halfpenny by my calculation.

Cam

hi
i must thank you all for the info you provided me with(inparticularly, cam who started this thread), i did indeed end up buying a screen from carada.
i sent them probably about 10 or 15 emails all were answered straight away, customer service was the best i have ever experienced.
the qaulity of the screen is exceptional and from the box i had it assembled and hanging within 40 minutes.
i went for the 82 inch diagonal 0.8 high contrast screen material, from date of ordering i had recieved it within 11 days(could of had it sooner if it wasnt for a delay at customs this end) typical hey.
the total price to my door including import tax was £505.00
if you are looking for a fixed screen then look no further, and dont be affraid to email carada directly, they will go out of there way to answer all of your questions( even if you do have as many as i did).
hope you found this of some help
one very very sattisfied customer :thumbsup:
best wishes and regards
nick

Just ordered a carada 80 inch diagonal precision white screen costing around 520 something inc shipping, but what would the final lump be inc customs charges in gbp?

Champagne4all said:
Just ordered a carada 80 inch diagonal precision white screen costing around 520 something inc shipping, but what would the final lump be inc customs charges in gbp?

Roughly its going to be around £105 +/- a tenner.
My screen is still doing the business despite being disassembled when I moved house and then installed in my new HT room.

Cam

Cam/Anyone,

Are there probs with dirty screen from dust etc. over time (I've started thread on this). Is there way of cleaning?

Thanks,

Tim.

Timbo21 said:
Cam/Anyone,

Are there probs with dirty screen from dust etc. over time (I've started thread on this). Is there way of cleaning?

Thanks,

Tim.

I use a car polishing glove (Meguiars) once a month or so on my screen. I don't use any products on it and use it dry. My main problen is cat hair as I have 11 cats. A childs balloon is good for removing specs and pet hairs as well if you statically charge the ballooon (sausage shaped ones work best!) and draw that over the screen surface.
I still have a sample of the Carada material that my screen utilises and having just checked it with my screen there is no difference. Some screens can take a mild wash but you need to check as some materials will be ruined or lose their coatings if any products are used on them.

Cam

Thanks Cam. How long have you had yours?

My wife wants an electric one, but I prefer a fixed frame, especially since I
wouldn't have to deal with even more wires to try & hide.

The fixed frames I've seen look cool even when the projectors not in use
(it would be in my smallish living room), however not sure if my wife will think so.

T.

I just thought I would add my comments with regard to fixed screens, I bought a Vu-Tec Vu Easy 16:9 fixed frame screen from Marata Vision.
I am extremely pleased with it the screen was custom made in the USA and is 69 inch diagonal due to limited to the fact I have limited space. :)
It came with a black velvet covered extruded metal frame which has a bevelled edge with a britewhite 1.3 gain screen, and the cost including delivery £550. It was well worth the investment and I would recommend Marata Vision and Vu-Tec screens :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom