The Best TV Ever?

James Fortune

Standard Member
Most magazines rate the Pioneer PDP-LX6090 as the best TV currently available.

I have also read that the Pioneer KRP-600A is the best TV currently available.

Which, in your opinion, is the best TV currently available and why?

Greg Hook

Moderator & Reviewer
Not sure you will get many unbiased views here. People usually think the best one is the one they own!

Myself for example, I (and for some reason only me) own a brand new Samsung 40B8000 LED and I think that is the best TV ever. :D

~dadam02~

Some say the Panasonic 65VX-100 is the best, or the Sharp LC-52XS1U-S LCD (£8000!)....personally for price to performance i would still say the KRP :thumbsup:

Jay

Banned
Pioneers aren't the best tv ever.

Yes they are the best tvs out there for "normal" consumers.

If money was no object it wouldn't be pioneer you'd be looking at.

You could get an Ultra HD panel, with a resolution of 7680 x 4320 (with 3 millions pixels), and on a six-metre screen it makes regular 1080p look a little flat. :D

Seriously though are you asking what the best tv is for "normal" people or are you asking what "THE BEST EVER" tv is.

Last edited:

gorman

Most magazines rate the Pioneer PDP-LX6090 as the best TV currently available.

I have also read that the Pioneer KRP-600A is the best TV currently available.

Which, in your opinion, is the best TV currently available and why?
"Smart" answers aside, it's generally accepted that the KRP series is better than the LX.

Phil Hinton

Editor
Staff member
No such thing as the perfect TV, so it's hard to say which is the best. The two forerunners for me are the VX100 from Panasonic and the KRP from Pioneer, but each has its strengths and weaknesses. There are screens that normal consumers and even AVF members never hear about in the custom world that offer plus points over consumer grade models.
I have seen most of the exotic examples at shows like CES but every one of them has issues as well as their strong points. The Sharp mentioned above being a good example. There are also screens yet to be released as part of 2009's ranges from a few manufacturers so it will be interesting to see what comes our way.
If you just want to know what Pioneer is best suited to you, then there is plenty of information on the forums (plus a review of the KRP), but if you want one you will have to be quick.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom