1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Best Sky Digibox

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by phfjones, Apr 3, 2004.

1. phfjones

phfjones
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    All,

I will be connecting Sky to my Domino 20H, and I have read that I should ensure compatability with both the box and the projector for best results.

With this in mind, can anyone tell me which is the best Digibox to work with. Whilst I cannot use Sky plus (sharing an LNB with 10 neighbours!), I could use the box and use it in its most basic mode. This is of course, providing it would provide the best picture/compatibility.

Also would I get any benefit from using any other progressive/interlacing/etc devices to further improve picture quality.

Thanks all and keep posting the great stuff!!

Paul

2. RTFM

RTFM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Paul,

You have plenty of choices.
    If you are using the HDMI input for DVD then you could go RGB from the Digibox straight into the Domino.
    Or you could turn the RGB into Component with a transcoder and go Component in on the 20H either direct or switched through an a/v amp or processor or you could go RGB to S-video with a Keene converter or you could find a Digibox like a Grundig that has S-video out and go direct or via your a/v amp or processor.

Hope this helps

Jeff

3. Timmy C

Timmy C

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +199
    Paul,

When you make a decision which way to go can you let us know how well it worked out. I'm in the same situation and can't make up my mind what to do. The cheapest option seems to be an rgb-s video convertor but I can't help wondering if a Sky+ box with its own s-video out would give a better picture. RGB-Component conversion isn't really an option for me as my processor doesn't have component switching and the dvd player is using the component in on the Domino.

What route have all you other Domino users taken?

4. RTFM

RTFM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Timmy C

You will probably not notice any difference in picture quality either using a RGB to S-Video converter or a DB with S-Video out.

5. Timmy C

Timmy C

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +199
    Thanks Jeff.

Now all I need is to find someone selling an RGB - S Video convertor with RGB loopthrough for the tv.

6. RTFM

RTFM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Timmy C,

I have a unit that provides 2 RGB outputs from a sky box.
    One output feeds the RGB to S-Video converter and the other goes to the RGB input of a DOIP of a Sim2 RTX 55 RPJ.
    I think it cost about £40 from Keene.
    Works a treat.