The Best Pick Up and Play PS4 Games (and general moan...)

only_sleeping

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks, I'm looking for a recommendation: does the PS4 have any decent multiplayer (single screen, not online) titles that are suitable for me to play with my 7 year old?

We play - or have given up on - Skylanders, FIFA, the Lego games (which always leave me a bit cold anyway...), Geometry Wars 3, Resogun, Worms, LBP3...but there seems a real lack of decent titles compared with the 360. I know the console is still relatively young, but can't help feeling disappointed with what's available at the moment - I had hoped for so much more!

Helldivers one of the absolutely best co-op games right now:
Helldivers (crossplay: PS4 / PS3 / Vita) (out: 3rd March 2015) | AVForums

While it has online cross play (PS4, PS3, PS Vita, PS TV all able to play together online), single screen offline is supported.

I'm not sure how you are with cartoon-erised violence, but some others here at AVF have their children playing Helldivers (Keswock's are 9 and something?).

But it's a bargain game. Great fun, surprising levels of depth to gameplay, and polished with good dev support. Games last 5 mins to 30+ minutes, depending on skill and difficulty.

Hi, thanks for the replies. Helldivers sounds like it might fit the bill perfectly, will have a good luck at it.

Another vote for Rocket League here - A great game 'pick up and play' game, but be warned that it can get rather additive :) It's currently free for PS+ members.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom