1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The best Panasonic connection?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Neal, Mar 6, 2002.

Tags:
  1. Neal

Neal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have Telewest Pace digibox conencted to plasma Panasonic 42" via RGB scart to VGA converter and my Denon 2800 DVD connected direct to the screen with component cables (and Svideo - just to give me more aspect conrtrols). The receiver is the Denon 3802 with Kef eggs. Is the best way to have it all set up? Is it possible to run the DVD through the converter too? Would that be better tha component? Would the Prog scan be affected for Region 1? Anyone know?

2. philipb

philipb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +132
    Your present arrangement is probably best. I have recently installed J S Technology's RGB to S-Video converter, and that gives via the S-Video input virtually identical picture quality to the RGb to VGA converter. I prefer the S-Video on my Daewoo because there is distinct combing on horizontal motion via the VGA input.

As soon as the RGB to component converter becomes available then i shall go for that. The component input on the Daewoo is by far the best quality - driven by a Sony 9000ES DVD it produces top class images.

3. philipb

philipb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +132
    Neal - sorry forgot to add. On my plasma the progressive only works via the component input - assume the Panny is the same.