The best MiniDV tapes?

IMO useing a consumer camcorder you would get very little, if any improvement by spending more on the pro tapes.
Some tapes have a chip in them that stores details of time/date/duration etc of each recording but can not be read by all camcorders and these tapes can cost double that of those without.
When you decide on which tapes to use make sure you stick to just one make and type as the heads on DV cams are very small and the different coatings can mix and cause the heads to get clogged. This can then result in a very costly repair

Mark.

Just wondering what kind of price the tapes should be.

Bought a 10 pack of JVC for £22 (inc vat ) from COSTCO

Anything less than £3 is very good IMO
Anything over £5 is getting a bit steep, but DON'T pay £10+ :nono:

Mark.

Jessops singles are £7.99, triples 19.99 and five of them (quintiples??) for 24.99. so 10 at your price seems fairly smashing. Where can u get them for £3 each, sounds good to me?

Unfortunately to shop at costco you first must pay a £25 yearly membership fee and be of a specific profession (teacher, government, doctor etc) which means that for a lot of people it would still be cheaper to shop elsewhere :(

Point well taken but we use Costco for all sorts of things and the saving can be great (i.e. dishwasher tablets £18, same make cost nearly £50 for the same quantity!).

Oh and don't fit into the profession thing Costco did a special for our company so that emplyees could join.

Amazon.co.uk do 3-packs of Sonys for £9.99. Course, you have to buy £25 worth to get free shipping.

Originally posted by j1f
Unfortunately to shop at costco you first must pay a £25 yearly membership fee and be of a specific profession (teacher, government, doctor etc) which means that for a lot of people it would still be cheaper to shop elsewhere :(
Yes you do need to pay £25 membership, but just about anybody can join. You just need I think its 3 forms of ID, no specific job ID required. My dad joined when they opened origionally and he was then, as now a retired postman.
Just watch the prices of what you buy. Computers and software are often more expensive than PC World that is just across the road.

Mark.

I've just been to Curry's:blush: but they are doing 8 JVC60ME tapes with a natty little storage box (that actually holds 10/11 tapes!!) for 19.98 (2.49 each):clap: Not bad for a crap high street shop.:thumbsup:

Morrisons: twin-pack of JVC 60min are £9.99 but on a BOGOF, so £2.50 each.

Mike.

Originally posted by keysersossez
i found a place on the web sellin JVC mini dv 60 for £2.29 each, which is a good price if no one is a memeber of costco.

www.avtapes.co.uk

This is quite odd as the address for AV Tapes is exactly the same as that for www.pricebuster.org.uk who are currently doing JVC tapes for £1.79 each (but still with big shipping costs).

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom