The best looking DLP rear Pro TV is ......

Another one......

s2.jpg

:hiya: That is one sexy looking TV :smashin:

Lion said:
looks like plenty of blue on the set anyway !
:cool:

I thought ENVY was green :D ?

Lizzard where did you get those pics from

Is the stand available in the UK and which model is the other set pictured ?

Please can people tell me which DLP to go for????

I was thinking about waiting for the new Sagem HD-D45 to come out in Feb (don't need it until then).

Is this going to be a good choice based on their current 50" model?

This set is HD2+, is that good enough?

Also is it worth holding off until they bring out SCR Colour Wheels or is that pointless due to the time scale involved?

Please help.

Is all pretty much personal preference right now with the HD2+ sets,there wont be a great deal between them in my opinion.

Optoma RD50 - Awesome but dont get it if you have a fair bit of NTSC material,it has problems as you probably know,doesnt look all that great either.

Sagem HD-45 - Looks like its gonna be good on paper but have to wait and see,looks pretty nice if you ask me,but only 45 inch? :p

Toshiba - Looks nice enough if a bit huge with those speakers and stand,should be good performance wise,read on here somewhere I think that its not perfect when connected to pc tho? (maybe I'm wrong)

Samsung in this thread - Looks fantastic,but its love it or hate it,so much more expensive than other brand sets with pretty much same internals too.Did i mention I think it looks fantastic though ?

My optoma is going back due to the NTSC problem,I've ordered the samsung in this thread now,more pricey but what the heck,now I just need to order that stand from the US by the looks of it.I'll prolly do a thread once it arrives.

Sean

I spoke with Sagem yesturday who told me that they actually make the units. Optima have bought the DLP's but altered some of the internals. They went on to say that there is no problem with NTSC playback on their models. They also said the new model is even better.

Do I need NTSC anyway living in the UK?

Also 45" is enough for the size of room.

PS

I saw the Toshiba 46" yesturday and thought it was nice, but bulky.

The picture quality was rubbish due to Comet's rubbish connection to standard analogue signal. Asked if they could get a hi-def demo but they looked at me in a confused why so I left. Think I'll take a laptop next time.

Do all HDTV's have PC inputs so I can use my laptop with some HDTV material?

I have purchased a RD65 and am fed up with the 60Hz issue (NTSC). The samsung set looks are to die for. If only they did a slightly larger set i.e. a 65 inch set.

What is the picture quality like on the samsung compaired to the Optoma?

Germany or the US for shed loads :( cant remember the model number now but if you find it cheap let me know

Lizzard said:
You have to ask Samsung about the stand, you could order it from the U.S for $350

Go here, they ship worldwide http://www.datavis.com/product.jsp?prid=10655

Unfortunately they don't ship to Australia.

The model of the stand is TR85, anyone know who sells them and will ship to Oz?:lease:
Samsung sells the pedestal DLP here, but has/will not release the matching stands for sale is Aust.:thumbsdow

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom