• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

The Best LG 47"?

Crunchie

Established Member
I'm looking to replace my Panasonic G20 for an LG because I have a 37LD490 in the bedroom and the picture is miles sharper and brighter than my Panny plasma. The only thing I don't like on the LD490 is the panning judder which, with IFC turned on, is smooth as silk on the Panny, but, as it's a plasma, is a little dull for daytime viewing.

What's the best 47" LG LCD/LED TV I can buy that gives me smooth panning with PAL and NTSC sources (I don't mind the video look with film), plus a very bright contrasty picture. And with preferably little or no backlight bleeding/clouding. or should I wait until all the 2011 models come out? Curry's don't have much and they were displaying a Samsung 46" D7000 which did look amazing, but I'm sure LG have something just as good?

I was considering LG's 47" 650T passive-3D TV but, with a 3D picture, I could see black horizontal lines when standing close to the screen - is this just on 3D pictures or on 2D too?

Many thanks!

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom