The BEST HD-DVD title?

gilford

Distinguished Member
After ordering my player today I would like to buy some titles :thumbsup:

Which is the BEST one to show off the system?

Cheers :hiya:

rover2002

Novice Member
Aeon Flux (crap movie, great demo material)
The Chronicles of Riddick
The Last Samurai
Training Day
And lots more.

Avi

Distinguished Member
gilford said:

from a PQ view point IMO

Aeon Flux
Sahara
Chronicles of Riddick

AVI

thfccambs

Banned
gilford said:
I've ordered Goodfella's, any comments on that?

Cheers
Excellent.

Serenity
sahara
Firewall.:D

keithy180

Novice Member
its got to be chronicles of riddick for me ..serenity good film but i noticed grain in some scenes..with riddick i never spotted any grain. its also an underated film imo....

Uruloke

Without a doubt, Serenity; that space battle is just plain effing awesome!

Other excellent choices are Constantine and, if you want to illustrate to your friends the flexibility of the format and still show them a cracking picture, stick Kiss Kiss Bang Bang on.

klacey

Phantom of the opera is a fantastic disc, pq is excellent. Havent seen r3 copy so cant comment.
As for best hd dvd is riddick at the moment for me, aeon flux is in the post so could change my mind by the end of the week.:D

MJeeves

Haven't seen it on HD-DVD but I bet "THE PERFECT STORM" kicks some butt in the sound and picture department.

Uruloke

MJeeves said:
Haven't seen it on HD-DVD but I bet "THE PERFECT STORM" kicks some butt in the sound and picture department.
I think I read somewhere that it's one of Warners dodgy ones sourced from a 1080i master...

thfccambs

Banned
MJeeves said:
I have Perfect Storm and it's not as good as some.:(

klacey

I posted this morning saying i may change my mind, got aeon flux today, just finished watching it, wow just awesome quality.
So yes aeon flux is now my favorite(best) hd movie.:thumbsup:

Uruloke

klacey said:
I posted this morning saying i may change my mind, got aeon flux today, just finished watching it, wow just awesome quality.
So yes aeon flux is now my favorite(best) hd movie.:thumbsup:
But isn't the movie itself a complete pile of pants? Or are the reviews way off?

rover2002

Novice Member
philb said:
what's unforgiven like?
One of the best :D
This title has it all, great story/PQ/AQ. Some of the outside shots are simply stunning.

Avi

Distinguished Member
gilford said:

Just watched Aeon Flux and IMO this is the best HD PQ eye candy so far. The film may not be classic material but it looked stunning on my setup.

AVI

nictry

Distinguished Member
juniper said:
Anyone got Phantom of the Opera and can you tell me how it compares to the R3 DTS Edition for both PQ and AQ? Thanks:thumbsup: .
PQ is fab :thumbsup: Audio is as good as the DTS edition but couldn't say better TBH.

Also Swordfish is pretty good and Van Helsing in some scenes is breathtaking in the PQ dept. (no comment on the film intself though :D )

keithy180

Novice Member
Also Swordfish is pretty good and Van Helsing in some scenes is breathtaking in the PQ dept. (no comment on the film intself though :D )[/QUOTE]

you coward..;)

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung HW-Q950T Soundbar Review, Filmmaker Mode, Disney+ $30 for Mulan, AV news and more

Trending threads

Latest News

Acoustic Energy launches AE520 flagship speakers
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Disney drops all 20th Century Fox branding
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Kitsound launches Funk 25 wireless earphones
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
THX Spatial Audio app brings 360 degree sound to any headphone