The Best HD Content You Have Seen

The Chronicles of Riddick. Wicked Sweet my friend!!! :cool:

Sarah Beeney`s knockers

I`m obviously on about the door knockers in one of her house renovations :smashin:

Blu Ray 2001 Space odysessy in a differant league looks like it was shot in 2001 rather than 1968 brilliant movie and one of the best hd things I have seen

Has anybody seen Spiderman 3 blu ray 720p? As i am obtaining it now i would like to know if its good?

Judging by the voting last time I looked, Transformers. But I haven't seen it on HD. :)

HDScape Antarctica Dreaming 1080i (if you mean picture quality).

I have to agree. I've seen a lot of HD stuff over the last 18 months but this has to be the best looking through a window experience that I've seen. A real demo disc for PQ.

Scott

1. King Kong...by far the best HD...
2. Die hard 4 blue ray very decent
3. Transformers

Crank on Sky HD, immense PQ. 300 on HD-DVD, not the sharpest PQ (diectors intent), TrueHD soundtrack is glorious though :smashin:

I have to agree. I've seen a lot of HD stuff over the last 18 months but this has to be the best looking through a window experience that I've seen. A real demo disc for PQ.

Scott

Where do you get this disc?

Im looking forward to that. I love how they try to sell Lidell like he is worth anything in a fight with Jackson! Pure craziness!

Best HD Ive seen so far is either Planet Earth or Crank. I also have a soft spot for latest version of Bladerunner on BR.

Ghost Rider was phenomenal in Blu-Ray especially if you've got 1080p.
The film was very average though :)

I haven't seen HDScape Antarctica Dreaming 1080i yet but from the same makers i bought HDScape Aqurarium. Very disappointed that it was in 1080i, when it said in the description that it was 1080p:mad:

You do know that there is barely a difference between 1080i and 1080p, they both look good.

HDPIO yes admittedly they both look good but i can tell the difference between 1080p and 1080i. You have a look at the Planet Earth thread and you see people disappointed at the UK version being in 1080i and the US version in 1080p.

Even if you couldn't tell the difference there is no excuse for a company decieving the public in which format you are buying:mad:

If there was no difference there would be no point in making 1080p as opposed to 1080i. Believe me the difference is noticible to me. Interlace is NOT the same as progressive. Progressive shows more detail. I've seen it on PS3 games as well with 1080p Virtua Tennis and the Sony (Not EA or 2K8) NBA 08 both in full HD 60fps glorious 1080p. You play these games and you'll see the difference mate.

Some argue that 720p (progressive) is similar to 1080i (interlaced) but that's another argument all together...

HDPIO yes admittedly they both look good but i can tell the difference between 1080p and 1080i. You have a look at the Planet Earth thread and you see people disappointed at the UK version being in 1080i and the US version in 1080p.

Even if you couldn't tell the difference there is no excuse for a company decieving the public in which format you are buying:mad:

If there was no difference there would be no point in making 1080p as opposed to 1080i. Believe me the difference is noticible to me. Interlace is NOT the same as progressive. Progressive shows more detail. I've seen it on PS3 games as well with 1080p Virtua Tennis and the Sony (Not EA or 2K8) NBA 08 both in full HD 60fps glorious 1080p. You play these games and you'll see the difference mate.

Some argue that 720p (progressive) is similar to 1080i (interlaced) but that's another argument all together...
There is an awful lot of confusion about the 3 different Planet Earth HD editions. I gather that the UK version is in fact exactly the same as the US edition (the one narrated by Sir David Attenborough), i.e. 1080p24, but that in the UK edition there is an extra fifth disc which is in 1080i and that this is why they put 1080i on the cover.

One thing you have to understand is that 1080i is not inferior to 1080p24. It is just a different format. Instead of 24 full frames per second it contains 60 half frames per second (fields). So in fact a 1080i recording on a HD DVD or Blu-ray disc contains more information than one in 1080p!

1080p24 is very much suited for film material, since films are typically filmed using 24 frames per second. However, the better temporal resolution of 1080i60 makes it the superior choice in my opinion for nature documentaries. Especially if it is displayed on a TV with great processing such as the Pioneers 8G plasma's. In order to use these possibilities the HDMI connection should be set to 1080i. You can also let the HD player do the processing, in which case you should connect at 1080p60.

Some argue that 720p is equivalent to 1080i (I do not think I agree), but this argumentation is about 720p60 (60 full frames per second at less then half the resolution) vs. 1080i60 (60 half frames per second). This is not about 720p24 which by some definitions would not even be considered to be HD.

I know of no commercially available material where both HD video standards (1080i (60) and 1080p (24)) can be compared. The best of all worlds would of course be 1080p60 for video content (not for 24 fps film content), but unfortunately that format is not part of the current HD video standards. The best quality I have witnessed so far has been in 1080i60.

S.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom