Quantcast

The Best Dvd To Psp Software!!!

shirleywhite said:
Sorry - maths problem. Meant to say 90 mins equals about 180/200mg!!
mg ? thats a pretty light file then LOL (mb)

basically you are encoding at 2mb per minute, in Nero you can get pretty good film quality at about 3 mb per minute.
as you say for TV a lesser quality is more acceptable.
Shirley most peeps here have probably downgraded to 1.5 to get the homebrew (well apart from Zoidy) so your the only one using AVC, which is cool if your more video orientated. How much better than the other settings do you find it at the same bitrate?
Hopefully a full Crack will come out for 2.0 so we can have the best of both worlds

shirleywhite

Novice Member
Hi spacecat. I tried to do a number of different transcodes - including a comparison of sp and avc at the same bit rates. I thought avc was marginally better - difficult to be precise - slightly smoother looking - but to be honest not massively different. Maybe the small tv clips I was looking at wouldnt look too different whatever bitrate/codec I tried!! At the weekend I'm going to try differnt clips - maybe some faster moving sports/action movie stuff will show up more differences? ( I still reckon it's partly my eyes!! - and I'm also looking at everything through a screen protector too!! ) My worry re nero - which everyone seems to rate as a "one click" piece of software - is the "only 320x240 rather than 368x208 full screen?!"

it only seems to be on Dvds the non full screen , avis and Mp4s can be in fullscreen. The quality is v good though and it encodes very very quickly

Forestred

Novice Member
Spacecat said:
Nero only recodes at 320x240 not 368x208 which is what is required for full screen from a dvd.

However when you do an AVi or MP4 it can do fullscreen!

I think its to do with the DVDs aspect ratio settings ie. letterbox etc.Might be a way around it but i havent found it

seems a bit silly to not have the option though
Right this is where I get lost a bit with aspect ratios and screen resoloutions etc.

I was encoding a .AVI which you have managed to get full screen - how did you do that, I had black bands top, bottom, left and right on the .avi that I encoded.

I will try a DVD to see what that does but probably not until tomorrow night.

I can't knock recodes quality but it takes so much longer to encode on my processor than PSPVideo9 so until my imminent new PC its not much good for me especially if .avis etc. won't come out full screen.

Forestred said:
Right this is where I get lost a bit with aspect ratios and screen resoloutions etc.

I was encoding a .AVI which you have managed to get full screen - how did you do that, I had black bands top, bottom, left and right on the .avi that I encoded.
sounds like you are not using the screen resize mode in your psp when you are playing back the file?
there are 4 settings, original,normal,fullscreen and zoom

MattTheBeanster

Shirley your not alone i still have 2.0 to run AVC and I can tell the difference. Ran tons of comparisons of "Animatrix - Flight of the Osiris". Being computer generated makes it easier to spot the definate boost in detail. at least IMO. :)

Madkitty

Novice Member
how do you get the .thm file - I saved a film last night but no pic to show me what it is ....do I just make another copy of the original file and rename it .thm?

MattTheBeanster

tried a jpg i had and it needed to be resized to fit 120x160. the image i had was 120x90 and it just stretched it so i guess you'll need to pad the empty space to make it appear in the correct ratio.

Forestred

Novice Member
Yeah the .jpg needs to be 160x120

Spacecat,

You were quite right I wasn't using the right screen settings as I didn't even know there were any - I really should read my instruction booklet ;)

T

thunt

I bought that software for my Ipaq madkitty, and the results were very fast.

I tried the same for the PSP and as it doesn't handle AVC, the results were very poor in comparison to what PSPvideo9 does.

Maybe the speed sacrifices the quality?

vloothuis

Standard Member
I have looked elsewhere on the web and found that if people are getting the black bars to use the Crop Function in PSP Video 9. To reduce the amount by 60. Apprently each movie might be different so you might have to encode it several times to get it without the bars. I have tried this once so far, and then ran out of time, but I did not have the resolution set at 368X208 as stated here, Anyone else tried it?

Madkitty

Novice Member
thunt said:
I bought that software for my Ipaq madkitty, and the results were very fast.

I tried the same for the PSP and as it doesn't handle AVC, the results were very poor in comparison to what PSPvideo9 does.

Maybe the speed sacrifices the quality?
I copied 3 movies over the weekend and the quality and sound is perfect at 300mb - weird eh?