Quantcast

The Best Dvd To Psp Software!!!

lurcher

Spacecat,
Thanks for above steps , for the first time encode 2 now works but couple of questions.
1.When u type in the custom box , what exactly do you type in cos the box wont accept single digits ie 3.

2. Lip sync well out , any suggestions.

Been trying a test 1 min vid clip and as u say is more useful to try than a whole film.

Thanks

D

dawn

Hi, i recently purchased a psp for my son on line from america and the instruction book is all in japanese!!

i have contacted sony and cannot get one, out of stock, for ages apparently, any ideas where i can get one, i want the actual book not a download??

many thanks for your help
dawn :)

nm10721

Banned
I have found that

(a) Psp Video 9 is magic for boosting sound, but is too slow and I sometimes get borders left and right of picture

(b) Nero Recode 2 is very fast and magic quality even at small files sizes, but no ability to boost sound which comes out very poor

Does anyone know a programme or solution that addresses both these problems,

thanks,

Neil

p.s anyone getting 'incompatible files' with Nero Recode 2, you need to rename the files to M4V10009, as long as it starts 'M4V' and has the same amount of numbers which can be random, simply naming it Spiderman or whatever will not work

lurcher said:
Spacecat,
Thanks for above steps , for the first time encode 2 now works but couple of questions.
1.When u type in the custom box , what exactly do you type in cos the box wont accept single digits ie 3.

2. Lip sync well out , any suggestions.

Been trying a test 1 min vid clip and as u say is more useful to try than a whole film.

Thanks

Hmm i have never had a problem with lip sync

the prog wont let you do very small file sizes as it would be out of range, you need to do a minimum size of about 30 mb as that would be about 10mins. therefore you need to type at least 30 or 40 for a few mins clip.

If you want to have the choice to watch films fullscreen everytime (i.e filling out the whole PSP screen) thenyou need to ude DVD decrypter and convert to 1 VOB then run
3GP convertor. this takes about 30 mins for the DVD decrypt rip and about an hour for the 3G conversion for a 2 hr movie.

Films done this way u can choose all the screen sizes i.e.
watch all films using the WHOLE PSP screen.

Quality is very good also.I use QVGA/29.97fps/QB4 Stereo/96kps for a good 440 mb conversion for a 2hr film using this method

well you have to select start and end for a smaller file i.e. to select 10 or 20 or 30 mins of a 2 hour film.

The minimum file is 30mb btw

lets say you want to decode 10 mins select start/end and set it for 10 mins

then type 30 in the custom box

the video quality will now say 341kbps approx this is the bit rate( max is 768 but results in bigger files)

therefore your 10 min file will be 30mb big at 341 bitrate
if you change your custom to 40 the video quality will now have gone up to approx 480 approx 25% better but a bigger file.

The custom box is for FILE size NOT minutes.

Nero Recode does Avi's as well!

was playing around this am with this prog and opened an avi file which it then proceeded to encode into PSP format.
I thought it was just DVD

The quality like the DVD encodes is superb

lurcher

Think I need a new computer cos it took 5hrs to recode Chronicles Of Riddick, although I was pleased with the result.

david.ddr

Novice Member
I have managed to recode a movie using nero recoder, my pc picks up the psp and i can transfer the movie to the psp. After disconnecting the usb link to the pc, i then go to video then to memory stick, this then saysthere are no videos, but the memory card shows how many MB has been taken up, if i reconect the psp to the pc the file is there, Any ideas what i am doing wrong

lurcher

david.ddr,
You have got to ensure that the movie is dropped in to the correct folder ie in the Root folder that contains the folder 100MNV01. Its in this folder 100MNV01 that the converted file needs to be dropped.

david.ddr

Novice Member
Ok thanks for that, I now have the video file playing on the psp but the sound is so quiet i can just hear it even with the psp volume turned up is there anyway to improve this

lurcher

Its a known problem with this software, however when setting up a profile (in set up) type 700% in the volume box within audio settings and that should improve matters.
If you listen through headphones the audio should improve anyway.

picture quality on Nero os the best IMO and the most straightforward to convert esp DVD.

If you want DVD in full screen then use dvd decrypter and 3GO converter or PSP 9

BTW Nero is the only prog that i have tried that can re encode an MP4. so if you have downlaoded one and its too big etc you can resize it in nero.

Forestred

Novice Member
Can someone please give me an idiots guide as to why Nero recode2 won't do full screen PSP videos (or can it and I've missed something really obvious)

lurcher

semiskimmed said:
where do you put movies on the psp memory card?
In the folder 100MNV01 which is inside the root folder on the card.
When I format my card in the psp it creates these folders.
A search on this forum will direct you to other posts that may help.

Forestred

Novice Member
MattTheBeanster said:
As spacecat has stated earlier in the thread...you can't.
Ok fair enough but why not? Is PSPVideo9 doing something to the image i.e. stretching it to fit the PSP's screen that Recode for some reason won't do, considering that it says 'for PSP' its a bit of a glaring oversight to not allow full screen videos.

MattTheBeanster

I use PSPVideo9 not recode but from whats been said it's because recode doesn't do other resolutions like PSPVideo9 does.

Question : Does recode support AVC?