The Best Demo DVDs as recommended by AVForums members

Not sure if it's already been mentioned, but HEAT (Alpacino and D'nero) is awesome reference material.

My local independant hi-fi dealer (audioscene) uses it for demo's. The part were they ram raid the security van, the audio blows your socks off. Stunning

I forgot The Shining... it's really sharp.

The Fall, by Tarsem Singh on Blu Ray is a must have if you want a near endless stream of spectacular images. If you have any doubts, reach the review on The Fall Blu-ray screenshots at AVForums.com or the trailer on the same review. The other stuff I've recommended was to show of my sound system - this one is different.

Watched Kung Fu Hustle again last night. The Picture is Ok, but the 5.1 separation is outstanding. Quite often you hear the surrounding sounds wizzing around the room, it's like being in the middle of a tornado.

Any suggestions for atmospheric rather than all out Gung Ho.. Which I do Love!! Been setting up Subwoofer and had forgotten just how good tha Sound is on tha MATRIX..Great Movie, Great test of System.

atb

Ps I'm thinking Submarine Movie or Event Horizon..summat Spooky or with constant thrum of engine or Rain/Water scenes... Hmm?

atb

Any suggestions for atmospheric rather than all out Gung Ho.. Which I do Love!! Been setting up Subwoofer and had forgotten just how good tha Sound is on tha MATRIX..Great Movie, Great test of System.

atb

Ps I'm thinking Submarine Movie or Event Horizon..summat Spooky or with constant thrum of engine or Rain/Water scenes... Hmm?

atb
I've not seen it yet but crimson peak is supposed to have a great spooky soundtrack (dts:X too) lots of creaks and iirc rain

Cheers for reply, I've just had a look and Crimson Peak is a Guillermo Movie, which even tho tha reviews are ..well not Perfect.. I'll think I will like it, liked pretty much all I've seen by Him so far..can be got quite cheap off FleaBay

atb

This One ^^^^ with Ollie and Vanessa.. Just Googled The Devils, not sure IF I've seen this 1, is a Ken Russell Movie?..seems can get Un-Cut and Restored Edition DVD..

brb

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom