The best 7950 GX2....

mcheetham

Standard Member
I have noticed some brands of the Geforce 7950 GX2 have significantly higher price tags over others. Does anyone have any advice on which is the best brand to go for, and if it is worth shelling out the extra cash for a better brand, or whether there is no real performance difference.
I noticed also that evga do a "superclocked" versions of their card - it is on overclockers uk at £30 more than their normal one.

booyaka

normally the only difference in price is down to the warranties that come with the cards.

some are direct warranties with the companies rather than the retailor, some are 1 year some are3 years etc etc.

best to check out what brands offer - what warranties etc.

Also don;t bother with the preoverclocked cards - save £30 and do it yourself when you get the card (not that it really needs overclocking!!!)

mcheetham

Standard Member
the normal evga one on overclockers is £393, slightly more expensive than the other brands, but it has a 10 year warranty. do you think it's worth the extra cash for the warranty? The gigabyte one, on the other hand is about £25 cheaper (dabs), but i'm not sure what warranty it comes with.
btw - does anyone know how hot these cards run?

semiskimmed

Distinguished Member
evga also have the step up program so it might come in useful in a few months time :cool:

pRot3us

Distinguished Member
mcheetham said:
the normal evga one on overclockers is £393, slightly more expensive than the other brands, but it has a 10 year warranty.
It will be a pathetic underpowered antique in 10 years time :laugh: :cool:

mcheetham

Standard Member
that's true, I won't be using it in 10 years time. I might still be using it in 3 though, possibly even 5 in a second computer. What's this step-up program they offer? I hadn't heard of it.

pRot3us

Distinguished Member

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Reported HDMI 2.1 bugs, Audiolab Amp & LG LED Projector reviews + Best of the Month
Top Bottom