The best 40" inch tv for me ?

$

$hustle187$

I there! :hiya:
Im goin to be investing into a new tv soon although im not entirley sure which 1 to go for. I have a ps3 so would like to get the most out of that in terms of gaming and the blueray player. I mainly use it alot to watch my virgin media facilities. It would also be a bonus to be able to connect up to my sony vaio laptop and my sony x1 mobile if possible. I have been looking about and seem to be getting very mixed reviews. Im looking at paying possibly in the region of £700-£1000 dependent on features. I have heard the panasonic plasmas are suppose to be quite good and apparently they use less power these days and don't stain the screen anymore. This got me intrested as they do seem to be a little cheaper than the lcd's. I have also been highly recommended a sony lcd but have been told only to go for the w range. Althought these new samsung led tv's have caught my eye but are they going to be more beneficial for myself ? What would you recommend as being the best suited for my needs at good value for money ?

Panasonic plasmas would be excellent for the Virgin stuff, however, there is still a risk of image retention (less so screen burn) especially with PC use and lengthy gaming sessions (due to static images)...you can minimise this with conservative settings for the first couple of hundred hours

Perhaps consider the Samsung B650 LCD SAMSUNG LE40B650 at Richer Sounds - HI-FI Separates, Home Cinema, Speakers, MP3 DVD Portables, Plasma LCD, etc. , these seem to be getting good reviews or the Sony V SONY KDL40V5500 at Richer Sounds - HI-FI Separates, Home Cinema, Speakers, MP3 DVD Portables, Plasma LCD, etc. or W series SONY KDL40W5500 at Richer Sounds - HI-FI Separates, Home Cinema, Speakers, MP3 DVD Portables, Plasma LCD, etc. (but more money)

I'm also in the market for the same thing, with similar demands.

I've got it down to the Samsung LE40 B650, in dixons for 750 with discount showed on google adwords after searching.

The only thing i'm doubting at the moment is whether it's worth the extra 120 over the Samsung LE B550.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom