The Bazpad

bazlington

Standard Member
The Bazpad

Samsung PS42Q7HD

Sky+ (Which is only normal sky due to living in an apartment...1 dish input GRRR!)

Sony STRDE400 - AV Receiver

Kensington Ipod Dock

Eltax Speakers

JVC Sub

Attachments

• IMG_0766.JPG
    IMG_0766.JPG
    78.1 KB · Views: 582
  • IMG_0768.JPG
    IMG_0768.JPG
    74.7 KB · Views: 445
  • IMG_0777.JPG
    IMG_0777.JPG
    77.6 KB · Views: 733

leon

very nice i like the look of that room :thumbsup: nice work

John 1987

Love the set-up, like me you went for all beech, you even have the same unit as I do.:smashin:

bazlington

Standard Member
...cheers lads.

Ye...I'm thinking about mounting the plasma on the wall behind...but I would have to channel out the plasterboard and I'm not sure if I could get the finish spot on. There would be nothing worse than mounting the TV and having a 4inch lumpy channel of plaster coming down benhind the unit. It was either that or plaster the whole wall which stretches into the kitchen...and for a 4 inch channel to plaster the whole wall...!? So I left it on the stand.

Not sure if you can see but B&Q do some crackin low profile trunking...its running above the skirting board...but it just looks like part of the skirting.

Do you think the amp has enough space to disipate heat...its only about an inch below the shelf above?

Chris

sjj84

Looks spot on mate, that's the same tv I'm going to buy and infact the same unit as well! Didn't even notice the trunking until you mentioned it, I think I'll have to get some of that to hide my speaker cable.

tidytrev

is there something under the sony amp? if so id move it under the sky box to give the amp more room to breath, my sony av amp gets real hot as im sure yours does

tidytrev

forgot to add, best setup iv seen so far, looks exactly how i want mine laid out.
where did you get the speakers?

bazlington

Standard Member
...Thanx m8! Ye got the speakers from Richersounds but I dont think they stock them anymore....it was 2 years ago now.

Ye the DVD player is under the amp....I've gone on the theory that heat rises so all the heat is diserpated through the top of the amp.

I'm getting a new upscaling DVD player soon so will wait til I get that and put it in the sky box hole.

Chris

carlnewboult

Standard Member
The Bazpad

Samsung PS42Q7HD

Sky+ (Which is only normal sky due to living in an apartment...1 dish input GRRR!)

Sony STRDE400 - AV Receiver

Kensington Ipod Dock

Eltax Speakers

JVC Sub

Which sockets are you using for your sky box as I cannot make out from the picture if they go through the RGY or another part.

Thanks in advance.

tidytrev

...Thanx m8! Ye got the speakers from Richersounds but I dont think they stock them anymore....it was 2 years ago now.

Ye the DVD player is under the amp....I've gone on the theory that heat rises so all the heat is diserpated through the top of the amp.

I'm getting a new upscaling DVD player soon so will wait til I get that and put it in the sky box hole.

Chris

i meant by taking the box from under the amp youd be lowering it and giving it alot more breathing room up top, i have a sony amp myself and know how hot they run, i have to open a window when mines on for extended periods ;)

bazlington

Standard Member
Just a couple of changes to my kit...

A Helios H4000 upscaling DVD player...LOVE THIS!

and

a 60 litre BiOrb fishtank.

PEACE

Attachments

• IMG_0871.JPG
    IMG_0871.JPG
    69.5 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_0878.JPG
    IMG_0878.JPG
    86.6 KB · Views: 67

The latest video from AVForums

Movies Podcast: Star Trek in 4K. Is the new boxset worth it?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom