the batmobile

Yuck don't like it, wheres the sense of awe and amazement, Tim Burton come backkkkkkkkkkkk.

It looks like a slimmed down tank on wheels.

it looks like the thing used in tango and cash

looks like it will need a side firing grapple hook for every corner, OK on the straight . crap round corners:laugh:

Reminds me of the APC out of ALIENS.

Is this meant to feature in the new Batman movie?

Looks very down to earth/grungey. I guess that reflects the style of the new Batman film... :smashin: :thumbsdow :smashin: :thumbsdow

I need one! Just the right thing for Taipei traffic ...

I wonder if it was designed buy the same person who designed the new Catwoman’s costume.:thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow

I don't think it's so bad. Don't forget the new film is set in Batman's earliest years, and I think the new director is aiming for quite gritty realism (well, as real as you can get for a Batman film).
This looks more like something that could be assembled/modified by a young man and his butler than the previous batmobiles.

I don't think you will see this new vehicle;

Firing grappling hooks which miraculously attach to the nearest lamp post to assist itself round corners

Transforming into a rocket a the flick of a switch to squeeze through tight passageways ( a rocket that doesn't need grappling hooks to guide itself round corners)

Employing a full armour casing which seems to appear from nowhere and covers the car in seconds (looks like something from the year 2500)

Hopefully we will see sequels to the new batman and if so we will probably see the Batmobile evolve realistically. (ahem batman & robin?)

prefer the batmobile from the original film......come to think of it, will any Batman film be as good as the Original?

Originally posted by mjn
come to think of it, will any Batman film be as good as the Original?

by original do you mean the 60s one or the Tim Burton one?

Stylistically I think the Tim Burton films were best, but unfortunately they lacked a decent script/story (like most Tim Burton movies! :rolleyes: )

Looks remarkably similar to The Batmobile in Frank Miller's "The Dark Night Returns". If the rest of the movie is similarly influenced, I for one can't wait! :smashin:

Time for The Bat to be rescued from Schumacher hell.

Originally posted by Lex
by original do you mean the 60s one or the Tim Burton one?

I mean the Tim Burton one.

Originally posted by the_pauley
Looks remarkably similar to The Batmobile in Frank Miller's "The Dark Night Returns". If the rest of the movie is similarly influenced, I for one can't wait! :smashin:

Time for The Bat to be rescued from Schumacher hell.

But isn’t the new Batman film suppose to be his early years whereas "The Dark Night Returns" was I his twilight years.

Originally posted by Garrett
But isn’t the new Batman film suppose to be his early years whereas "The Dark Night Returns" was I his twilight years.

Correctamundo :smashin:

As the 'early years' were covered in Tim Burton's first Batman movie I was hoping that they might go the other way and do a 'Batman of the Future' style story...

The Tim Burton one was/is also my favourite. - designed by the late Anton Furst.

Has anyone checked out the new Bat logo as well - its style reminds me of something Bela Lugosi might have worn as a pendant ;) - but i still like it.

Dean

Originally posted by Deansimm
Has anyone checked out the new Bat logo as well

Yea its kind of rusty/dirty isn't it. I like it. I have to say I am really looking forward to this movie :smashin:

Yes of course, but it still doesn't stop it being influenced by Miller's dark, gritty style, just as many other contemporary interpretaions of The Bat owe a debt to Miller.

And don't forget Miller also wrote "Batman: Year One" and the tone was similar to "Dark Knight".

Just relieved to see that it's a radical shift from the day-glo camp of Schumacher and "Batman & Robin". And let's hope if it spawns a franchise that they keep The Boy Wonder well out of it. Batman always works better without him, and considering the reason the character was introduced into the comics was to lighten up The Batman character, we don't want him anywhere near a "dark" vision of the story.

I did saying the movie should not be influenced by Miller style of writing just that it should not be too futuristic which the car somewhat looks like and you seem to imply.
Year One was and is OK. As I said this is Batman early days not future.

:confused:

Don't really get your point Garrett. All I said was that the batmobile seemed to be influenced by the one in "Dark Knight Returns". Little odds whether the movie is set before or after, past or future, it was just a statement of fact - it looks like the one in that comic book.

And as for saying it should not look "too futuristic" as it is set in his "early days", once again, :confused:

1. When did you ever see a Batmobile that didn't look futuristic?

2. And who is to say when this movie takes place? It could be set in the 1930's, it could be set in the present day, an alternate vision of the present day, or it could be set a few years in the future.

What I'm getting at is how do we know (and what does it matter) when any of the current "Batman" movies take place? Could you put a year on the first Burton movie? It might be set in the year of release, 1989, it might not. It might be set in an "alternate reality" 1989, it might not. The people dress in '40s fashions, yet there are some contemporary trappings, and yet there are futuristic ones too.

And don't forget - there is ample evidence that although "Dark Knight Returns" was set in Batman's "twilight years", the time of the story seemed to be in set at the time of writing, the '80s. His future might not neccessarily mean ours too.

Pauley you seem to be getting in to a disagreement with me over semantics and the way I read your post rather than the way you meant it.
I have just more or less said in the previous I read your meaning wrong yet you still want to come back at me picking me up.

I did say seem in bold to emphasize that was the way I took it not necessary the way you meant it.
You said quote ‘Looks remarkably similar to The Batmobile in Frank Miller's "The Dark Night Returns". If the rest of the movie is similarly influenced,’

In that story that was Superman and a Robin and Batman was an old man. And if I remember the story rightly it was a little apocalyptic and grungy landscape rather than the Gothic.

Where as I said the new film was suppose to be his early years. Millers ‘Year One’ was when Batman was still not classed as a hero and had not made friends with Superman or had a Robin.

Both stories by Miller both very good in and The Dark Knight Returns is one of the best stories in comic bookdom and would like to see a move of it but once again I reiterate isn’t the new film suppose to be about his early years. So like you would enjoy Millers tones here.

Can you now see why I got the wrong end of your comment and really we do agree to a point?

Doesn't matter what the Batmobile looks like as long as the new movie has Alicia Silverstone & Arnold Schwarzennegger in it I'll be happy...

...not!

Originally posted by Lex
Doesn't matter what the Batmobile looks like

You mean stealth tractor.:D :D :D :laugh:

Edit Got to admit that was not my comment but a mates although I did say to him it was a tractor.:rolleyes:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom