The Batman 4K Blu-ray Review & Comments

Mike1975

Banned
Given what you said on the other Batman thread I get the impression maybe Batman isn’t for you 🤷🏻‍♂️
Batman is great and so is Nolan´s Batman. In the other thread i was actually ranting about Nolan´s version of BANE in THE DARK KNIGHT RISES coz just like in BATMAN & ROBIN they sadly fu**ed up a second time here, unable to do the comic-original justice like they actually did with THE JOKER (well somehow) and especially Harvey "TWO-FACE" Dent.

The original comic Bane is neither a braindead moron (BATMAN & ROBIN) nor a weird talking, dog-muzzle-wearing weirdo, suffering asthma and *anorexia nervosa (THE DARK KNIGHT RISES).

*regarding his "thin" physique compared to the approx 350 pounds comic-original, while i do understand they probably neither wanted some wrestler to take the part of BANE nor having a complete CGI-Bane running around in the movie.

Garrett

Mod Comment

@Jim Di Griz and @Mike1975 can we have a bit of semblance of respect for others opinions and one of you was a click away from some infractions.

And @barnaby jones that last comment was unrequited.

Offending post deleted.
BTW the emoji are not that to add ridicule to others post and miss use is frowned upon.

the hoff

Finally got round to watching it earlier tonight, I had planned to see it in the cinema but unfortunately life got in the way!

I have to say that I was hooked from the opening scenes and thought that the way the tension built in the first ten minutes was amazing, I actually had goosebumps!

Was a solid 8 or 9 out of ten for me (needs a second watch to confirm) and the long run time didn't bother me at all (to be honest, I don't really understand why people complain about long runtimes, you know how long the film is going to be before you watch it, it's not a surprise, so just allow enough time to watch it!)

AV was fantastic in 4K, fabulous picture and sound and Micky G's score was amazing. I was worried it couldn't hold a candle to Hans Zimmer's work on the Nolan films but it was both very good and distinctive.

Would recommend to anyone who likes the darker, more mature Batman comics.

mattius1989

I watched this over the weekend and thoroughly enjoyed it. A solid Batman film.

I tried watching it during the day on my LG CX with all the blinds shut etc. (normally sufficient) but couldn't see a thing! Had to postpone to later in the evening.

Anyone else find this film particularly dark/hard to see? I was using the DV Cinema preset (professionally calibrated). This would have been a rare candidate for DV Home (brighter) but it has undefeatable motion smoothing.

MRJOE

I watched this over the weekend and thoroughly enjoyed it. A solid Batman film.

I tried watching it during the day on my LG CX with all the blinds shut etc. (normally sufficient) but couldn't see a thing! Had to postpone to later in the evening.

Anyone else find this film particularly dark/hard to see? I was using the DV Cinema preset (professionally calibrated). This would have been a rare candidate for DV Home (brighter) but it has undefeatable motion smoothing.
Yes, some scenes in DV are really dark, flawed to some extent. HDR on the other hand seems to have raised blacks. It's been discussed here today btw.: Panasonic DP-UB820 4K Blu-ray Player Review & Comments

Steve McQueef

Distinguished Member
It should have raised blacks full stop, as that's how it's supposed to look.

It did not look too dark in DV Cinema on my CX, at all.

mattius1989

It should have raised blacks full stop, as that's how it's supposed to look.

It did not look too dark in DV Cinema on my CX, at all.
Don't get me wrong, the detail was all there in a darker room. More a comment of how dark the film was shot that a midday room with the curtains drawn was hard to watch - usually not an issue.

elbowdan

Just received my copy from Amazon Italy. I bought just the standard version in the end as I managed to get it just under £15 including delivery. Not sure if it’s been mentioned but this version has zero special features. The two enclosed discs are just the film on UHD and Blu-ray.
7CB95AB5-2E08-480B-95FE-CD0A71534079.jpeg

scartlead

Amazon product

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but Amazon Uk have put up for pre order the Batarang version for sept release.

rccarguy2

Distinguished Member
Absolutely rubbish.

Like listening to Radiohead whilst taking depressent pills.

meltonboy

Watched this on Saturday and really enjoyed it. I enjoyed the 3 hours in the rain and the slightly lo-fi gadgets compared with Nolan's.

I actually did find the baddie pretty sinister. Loved the use of "Something's in the way" as well.

Note for parents: as per this review, it is deffo a 15. I should not have let my 10yo watch it, even though i hit the FF for the violence and he fell asleep for the final third. I should have read the review first !

MB

rccarguy2

Distinguished Member
Watched this on Saturday and really enjoyed it. I enjoyed the 3 hours in the rain and the slightly lo-fi gadgets compared with Nolan's.

I actually did find the baddie pretty sinister. Loved the use of "Something's in the way" as well.

Note for parents: as per this review, it is deffo a 15. I should not have let my 10yo watch it, even though i hit the FF for the violence and he fell asleep for the final third. I should have read the review first !

MB

Having a dozen variations of that song throughout the movie was lazy. even simple background still had the same song either slower pace or a few notes YAWN

Saves money hiring good music writers..

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom