The Batman (2022) Deluxe Edition (HMV Exclusive) (4K UHD/Blu-ray Steelbook)

steve33shoreham

I quite like having the option to view media on tablets etc. When flixter went down I transfered to google play and quite a lot were upgraded to 4K.

paulboland

well yeah, i totally get film + bonus disc, i just personally don't see the point of 4K + BR. If you buy a CD, no one sticks in the cassette version too.
Not everyone has a 4K UHD player or 4K TV

It's a SteelBook
There is no steelbook option in UK of this film that just includes Blu-ray discs
So don't assume those who purchase 4K UHD steelbooks is because it includes a UHD disc

Sales of 4K UHD discs is tiny compared to DVD and Blu-ray

Most of the major labels Warner/Sony/Disney/Universal include Blu-ray with 4K UHD releases this is to help get sales as a lot who still purchase physical media use DVD or Blu-ray as their main disc to watch content
Sales of 4K UHD disc releases would be even less if no Blu-ray was included in regards to the major labels

The extras are on the Blu-ray discs that have the film not the 4K UHD that is the case with all Warner releases

Steelbook
3 Discs
1)4K UHD Film
2)Blu-ray Film + Extras
3)Blu-ray Bonus extras

Even if you wanted the 4K UHD amaray it's the same it includes Blu-ray disc
2 Discs
4K UHD Film
Blu-ray Film+ Extras

In regards to 4K if you not aware majority that even have 4K TV's in their homes use streaming to watch 4K content this is the main reason why sales of 4K UHD disc has low market share and also why sales of DVD and Blu-ray dropping
A lot of consumers that have 4K Tv's still use DVD and Blu-ray discs in Blu-ray player and don't see the need to purchase 4K UHD discs or a 4K UHD player as they stream 4K content instead

When Blu-ray was first launched DVD was included for a good while but there is a big difference this time in regards to 4K UHD
4K UHD disc sales not even close to what Blu-ray discs has achieved since 2007 to 2016 and never will reach the same sales that both DVD and Blu-ray has achieved when both those discs formats was mainstream

How people watch Film and TV content has changed to mostly now streaming so Physical Media Disc sales that you saw happen from 2007 to 2016 will not happen again

Last edited:
The slip and contents are now on site 👍

Attachments

• 506412D0-89DB-45DF-B68D-61D4D7491DD0.jpeg
    506412D0-89DB-45DF-B68D-61D4D7491DD0.jpeg
    721.8 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:

Steca

Thanks
Ordered

jason1wood

While I wait for HMV version, ordered Amazon Italy last week and turned up today
20220525_172656.jpg

GeorgeL78

GeorgeL78

Garioch

Distinguished Member
I'd prefer it if they could give us a digital copy too being that buying it on UHD disk costs over double the blu or digital release!

Do most US releases get a digital copy with their releases?

Worth noting that the director's commentary is only available on the iTunes digital version. As the iTunes digital version is included in the US release, it might sway completists towards importing that version. Similar thing happened with Joker.

steve33shoreham

Worth noting that the director's commentary is only available on the iTunes digital version. As the iTunes digital version is included in the US release, it might sway completists towards importing that version. Similar thing happened with Joker.

I bet they have all sold out in the US and only eBay is the option to import?

SFkilla

Distinguished Member
I bet they have all sold out in the US and only eBay is the option to import?

Europe is still an option...

Neogorom

I ordered the Nordic version and received it today. Matte finish. No gloss, not even spot. Are the UK releases the same?

This was a disappointment, for sure. Suddenly the Manta Lab release seems all the more interesting.

paulboland

I ordered the Nordic version and received it today. Matte finish. No gloss, not even spot. Are the UK releases the same?

This was a disappointment, for sure. Suddenly the Manta Lab release seems all the more interesting.
Yes UK release the finish is the same as other countries in Europe

USA steelbook is also a matte finish if you was not aware

Neogorom

Yes UK release the finish is the same as other countries in Europe

USA steelbook is also a matte finish if you was not aware
Thanks, I didn't know. A little surprising, really. I'd have thought they'd put some extra effort in this.

marcaaron22

Any movement yet with their HMV order?

GeorgeL78

marcaaron22

HMV have took payment this afternoon, so sounds like they’re preparing for dispatch..

GeorgeL78

HMV have took payment this afternoon, so sounds like they’re preparing for dispatch..
Same...never know might get it at the weekend!

steve33shoreham

I got 2 dispatch emails!

It is now OOS too.

The latest video from AVForums

Paramount + UK launch: Halo, Star Trek and Beavis, and all the latest 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

AVForums Podcast: 27th June 2022
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
Netflix confirms ad-supported option is on the way
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Paramount+ launches in the UK and Ireland
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Hisense launches A9H 4K OLED TV