1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Bard's Tale

Discussion in 'Playstation Forums' started by Moosh, Aug 8, 2005.

1. Moosh

Moosh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +473
    Hi all

I bought the PS2 version of The Bard's Tale from play.com for £9.99 and I have to say it is the best game I have played in recent times! :smashin:

Many, many moons ago when the Commodore 64 was king (I had a C128) I can remember playing The Bard's Tale on that and it was one of the most addictive games I had played (I'm sure the cassette version was better than the disk version). I also had Legacy of the Ancients which was also superb!

Anyway, back to the PS2 version... I was going to buy the PC version but it was £14.99, I would have had to faff about plugging my laptop into the screen and I had played the downloadable demo which I found a bit difficult using both the mouse and keyboard. The game controls on the PS2 version are logically set out and takes no time at all to learn.

The game itself is hillarious. There are songs splattered around the game which are very Python and Oompa-Loompa esque. The songs themselves can be sungalong to as there is a bouncing ball that highlights the words. The script is also very funny with the Bard against everyone (the narrator and the NPCs).

Gameplay and graphics are top but there are some slight clipping errors (as there are with any 3D game). My only other niggle is that you can't zoom out far enough in the main gaming area. You could be shooting at some enemy off screen and the only way to know that you're hitting him/her is if the enemy dissapears from the map.

I do hope they release a sequel (I'm only about halfway through this one) either on the PS3 or XBox 360 as this sort of game in HD would be jaw droppingly good! :thumbsup:

Moosh

2. Matt TRD

Matt TRD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +69
    I really hated that game it wasn't a patch on Baldur's Gate Dark alliance I & II or Champions of Norath. I doubt that there will be a sequel as it recieved poor reviews and sales.