1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The AVFORUMS tribute to Championship Manager

Discussion in 'General Video Gaming Chat' started by dUnKle, Oct 17, 2001.

1. dUnKle

dUnKle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,460
    This has to be the GREATEST PC game of all time ( or at least at joint number one with Civilization ) so are there any wannabe managers who visit these forums ???????

Im still waiting on the new version ( its become tradition for my Girlfriend to get it me for Christmas )

I always play as my local team ( who just managed to stay in third div the last couple of years ) but in game I seem to have more luck than them ( just about )

Have found that at this level BOTH an AMC and a DMC are ESSENTIAL which tends to result in a stronger defence and more assisists

2. mjn

mjn
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,251
    Yes, I'm a fan....can't beat it, got to be the most addictive game ever.....best formation, 3-1-4-2....plus there is some excellent players to buy, to help bring that silverware home..!!

3. dUnKle

dUnKle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,460
    The 3-1-4-2 formation is very good but for some reason I have to make my attacking force up out of 1 AMC and 1 SC else the formation just falls apart and the level I am playing, just not enough assisits

4. asimm

asimm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +75
    Right - great, experts whose brains I can pick.
    I can't seem to get past 2 or 3 seasons, even with Man U. Use a 4-4-2, set up training, have loads of money (which sometimes have difficulty spending).
    Also cannot find the data editor on the disc (which is supposed to indicate how good a player can get).
    Is it possible to print a players stats to see the effect of training?
    Is CM 01/02 worth it for just an upgrade?

Ta