I gave up on that trophy, 6 hours??? sounds like a major session and ball ache. I watched the vids and tried a few times but was so far off the time I gave up, shame really. I'm far too old and the reflects are not what they once were.....

I have to admit I enjoyed most of it, that 6 hours was over a couple of days, probably 4 hours on the first session where it was learing the route and trying to get the best route and the second session was just under two hours and it was just perfecting it all. Kept shaving off little bits of time by getting slightly better at different routes. Annoying bit was beating the time but missing one of the targets so getting a two second penalty, that smarted a bit. I think the fact that you could restart instantly saved it, if you had a thirty second loading screen each time you restarted it would have trippled (or more) the time it took.

Using the hidden EMP weapon helped me as well as you didnt really need to aim with it, just hitting in the general direction was enough to take out the targets as it had massive splash damage and I was rubbish at aiming with the shotgun. It was really the last two targets that took me the longest as I had practiced the others so many times. Kept falling off the wall and loosing my speed on those last two. Finally got in a lucky run where I was perfect round the last bend

Platinum number 171 for a nice little indie game called Seasons after fall - only 2 quid at the moment and mostly enjoyable, there is one puzzle thats annoying as hell that I had to look up and one area thats in the dark that I couldnt find the last item in which I had to look up but appart from that it was great fun. You play as a fox which can control the seasons to change the landscape, so winter freezes water alowing you to access differnt areas, summer grows plants, spring floods areas and autumn has wind that jumps you to new areas. All very well done.

It had the added bonus of jumping me to level 37 with the Platinum as well

The top ten trophy earners since the last update are as follows:
  1. amplifiedAnt (561)
  2. tartandon (437)
  3. benny_2_2 (384)
  4. Citizen-Keyne (297)
  5. VonPit (155)
  6. Davidg1230 (137)
  7. Leon_Plopski (126)
  8. BattleExile (110)
  9. mr-smooth (109)
  10. FeistySnowman (88)

Congratulations to amplifiedAnt for being the top trophy earner, bagging over 500 trophies in the process.

There is one mover on the overall leaderboard
  • Davidg1230 moves up 2 places to 14th

Platinum #115 - Final Fantasy VII Remake

What can I say about this game......it is an absolute masterpiece. Whilst it's a hard platinum of which I also clocked 82 hours, I enjoyed every second.

I'm currently working my way through farming simulator. God knows why but its kind of addictive and the time flies by when playing it.

Platinum #129 for Days Gone.

Next up Deus Ex, Shadow of the Tomb Raider or Nier Automata. Decisions decisions.

I loved Days Gone. Platinum was fairly straightforward and not too time consuming. Not really horror either I wouldn't say. (Although you might need an underwear change after the first time you encounter a horde!)

I definitely had some intense moments with hordes, especially the Sawmill!

But not really horror.

I probably took 40 hours+ on it.

I'm tempted with this but looks like a long plat and I don't like horror! Reviews are positive though with players saying they're loving it.
Forgot to mention - another good thing about Days Gone is that it has a built in tracker for your progress on all the trophies

Days Gone is worth playing regardless. One of my fave from 2019 easily.

Trophies aren't too bad, some bits are just great like @zt1903 mentions with the Sawmill.
I think I put 60 hours into it but that included wasting 10 hours just blowing stuff up.

After reading the comments I’m starting to wish I’d bought Days Gone for my next PS4 game, but I’ve got Control on the way. It will have to go on my list for later.

After reading the comments I’m starting to wish I’d bought Days Gone for my next PS4 game, but I’ve got Control on the way. It will have to go on my list for later.

I think I told you 6 months ago to play it!!!

We're all just as bad. Took me ages to get round to RE2... but I actually think that's because I didn't want to be disappointed so put off playing it.

I think I told you 6 months ago to play it!!!

You probably did 😂 I checked and it is actually on my wish list, I’d just forgotten about it.
Mind you, I was once recommended Batman Arkham Asylum and we know how that turned out! 🤣

BTW I tried TLoU on my other account, but I’m really not getting into it.

Platinums for Jedi Fallen Order and Farming Simulator 2019. FS19 was actually quite fun once you got your head around what to do. Took 22 hrs across 3 saves but not much in the way of guides out there to help but a few videos to show the principles and how to achieve trophies most efficiently.

Thrown 3 cheap plats in there between Doom Eternal, RE2 and the Modern Warfare Spec Ops trophies

Access Denied - puzzle game. Starts good and logical... then just goes off the rails silly hard and... you'll use a guide.
Daggerhood - quite fun little platformer.
Super Destronaut DX - space invaders wannabe. Simple and a little fun.

All on sale at the minute I think too

Thrown 3 cheap plats in there between Doom Eternal, RE2 and the Modern Warfare Spec Ops trophies

Access Denied - puzzle game. Starts good and logical... then just goes off the rails silly hard and... you'll use a guide.
Daggerhood - quite fun little platformer.
Super Destronaut DX - space invaders wannabe. Simple and a little fun.

All on sale at the minute I think too

I agree with Access Denied, it’s makes sense and then the required solution seems entirely random and not logical at all.
I liked Super Destronaut, I’m also a fan of FullBlast a good old fashioned vertical scrolling shooter.
Habroxia is cool too, another ’shmup.

Platinum #129 for Days Gone.

Next up Deus Ex, Shadow of the Tomb Raider or Nier Automata. Decisions decisions.

So been playing Deus Ex Mankind Divided. Not a bad game really, but irritatingly Foxiest of the Hounds trophy hasn’t popped at the end of my first playthrough. Need a second playthrough on the permadeath difficulty anyway where I’m totally going to abuse cloaking, speed through and skip all side missions so hopefully get it there. If I don't there won’t be a 3rd playthrough, life’s too short and backlog too big.

Platinum #85 for Real Farm. Even though it’s only 97p at the moment is is quite awful. No where near as good as FS19. There are a few exploits to get the platinum a little quicker but probably not worth it. I’m totally done with farming simulators now.

Platinum #700 today with Maneater.
Overall a pretty enjoyable game, although it does have a few issues. About halfway through the game it deleted my save, which would have been annoying if I didn’t have a copy backed up in the cloud.
The trophy list is nice and easy with nothing missable.

Platinum number 172 for Lego Ninjago, not bad for a free game of PSN - one of the easiest Lego games ive played, its helpful that you dont have to keep replaying the story missions to get the collectables, everything can be picked up in free roam. The grind is kept to the minimum

Enjoyable even though I dont really know much about the Lego Ninjago world apart from watching the odd episode here and there.

Now back to The Outer Wilds, got to get that finished but its just not doing it for me. Not enjoying it even though its really well done. Just not my cup of tea

Should be celebrating my Witcher 3 platinum but I’ve hit a game breaking bug on the Eredin boss fight in my Death March playthrough.

As this is a family friendly forum I can’t say what I really feel!

Edit: This video, start at about 3:20 shows the exact same thing that is happening to me.

Last edited:
[QUOTE="Battle, post: 28083456, member: 66528"
Now back to The Outer Wilds, got to get that finished but its just not doing it for me. Not enjoying it even though its really well done. Just not my cup of tea
[/QUOTE]

Whats bad about it? Are you comparing to Fallout or another game?

I'm waiting for this to price drop so I can play it. It's probably the remaining AAA game I want to play and 100%. Nothing else on the Store is grabbing me. Currently working through Detroit - Become Human, but I'm using a guide so the story is not really grabbing me

[QUOTE="Battle, post: 28083456, member: 66528"

Whats bad about it? Are you comparing to Fallout or another game?

I'm waiting for this to price drop so I can play it. It's probably the remaining AAA game I want to play and 100%. Nothing else on the Store is grabbing me. Currently working through Detroit - Become Human, but I'm using a guide so the story is not really grabbing me
[/QUOTE]

its not bad, in fact its done incredibly well with the how the game works......its just not the type of game I like. It frustrates me. Its also very very dark so im kinda playing it at the wrong time of the year, playing this on cold dark winter nights would probably be better than bright sun shinny evenings when I cant see anything on the telly. It also annoys me that some of the trophies you would only get if you actually read the trophy list first as there is no way you would get them randomly and I like to play blind.

Platinum 173 for the Outer Wilds - While the game is technically very well done with some brilliant mechanics behind what you have to do...........I just didnt like it. And those bloody angler fishes are a pain in the backside....I did finally get the hang of them though in the end.

Now I just need one more platinum before I make the Last of Us 2 my 175th.....no idea what to play though, has to be something fairly short to enable me to start LOUII straight away once its released

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom