The AVF PS4 Bargain Hunters (Penny Pinchers) Thread

I was planning a month of no spending for once but I might have to as I have £50 credit on my account.

Tempted to get Horizon though but have said I have to finish Witcher 3 and Fallout 4 first :)

Good luck finishing Fallout 4 :)
I went back to it a few days ago and gosh it was a chore to play. Don't think I will be playing it again!

Good luck finishing Fallout 4 :)
I went back to it a few days ago and gosh it was a chore to play. Don't think I will be playing it again!

Yeh I have a feeling I'll struggle to get back into it. Loved F3 but F4 just feels bland and dull, especially as I'm now playing Witcher 3 (which might be my favourite game of the last 10 years!)

I do want to see how F4 looks on the PS4 Pro but it'll have to wait. ME Andromeda will keep me going for a bit and will then pickup HZD in a sale :)

Yeh I have a feeling I'll struggle to get back into it. Loved F3 but F4 just feels bland and dull, especially as I'm now playing Witcher 3 (which might be my favourite game of the last 10 years!)

I do want to see how F4 looks on the PS4 Pro but it'll have to wait. ME Andromeda will keep me going for a bit and will then pickup HZD in a sale :)

It does look and run much better on PS4 Pro. It was a long time ago since I played it on the OG PS4 but I don't remember the graphics being this clean and I'm only running this on 1080p TV.

However, improved graphics don't seem to help liven up the boring and dull characters and dull quests!

Where is considered the cheapest place to buy psn credit? Need some credit to buy uncharted 4 on the psn store! cdkeys / g2a etc?

When buying on xbox I usually get it from foreign stores or buy via the wuaki deals, the psn credit is totally new to me.

Where is considered the cheapest place to buy psn credit? Need some credit to buy uncharted 4 on the psn store! cdkeys / g2a etc?

When buying on xbox I usually get it from foreign stores or buy via the wuaki deals, the psn credit is totally new to me.
CDkeys. Please don't buy from G2A. They're quite well known for buying this stuff from stolen credit cards etc.

Just go on Facebook and you can get one from their page.

New sale today - Uncharted 4 and a few things. Most importantly Last of Us Remastered for £11.99 :)

Cant believe i missed the tomb raider deal :( entirely my fault, im totally clueless with this sale. Uncharted will have to do, not much else there that tickles my fancy.

Will there be a different selection of games on sale next week?

Last edited:
Cant believe i missed the tomb raider deal :( entirely my fault, im totally clueless with this sale. Uncharted will have to do, not much else there that tickles my fancy.

the current 'Only on Playstation' deal runs until 6th April.

When you view discounts on the PS Store, the individual item details always tell you when the deal is due to expire

It'll be back in a sale I'm sure.

Is alienation same as Dead Nation. Looks to be multiplayer only looking at the description.

Is alienation same as Dead Nation. Looks to be multiplayer only looking at the description.
Think it's drop in/out multiplayer, so you can play solo but others can join anytime.

Probably going to grab UC4, Killzone, Journey and more than likely grab TLOU for a 3rd time and see if I can actually complete it and enjoy it.

Probably going to grab UC4, Killzone, Journey and more than likely grab TLOU for a 3rd time and see if I can actually complete it and enjoy it.
The last of us is superb as you know, definitely worth arranging some spare time for it! :) I actually bought my first ps4 just to play it. I recently bought it again, going to play on my ps4 pro this time :D

I bought UC4 too, not sure what else to pick up in the sale. Cant see anything that tickles my fancy. I was away from the ps scene for so long i have no idea whats what. I had killzone before an didnt really take to it. Still kicking myself for missing the tomb raider deal of the week :(

The last of us is superb as you know, definitely worth arranging some spare time for it!

Yeah people keep telling me. I have purchased it on disc twice and put a few hours into it each time and then just got bored. I think if I have it digitally I might actually force myself to complete it. So far into it I found it a bit dull and clunky....:oops:

Yeah people keep telling me. I have purchased it on disc twice and put a few hours into it each time and then just got bored. I think if I have it digitally I might actually force myself to complete it. So far into it I found it a bit dull and clunky....:oops:

I struggled to get into it at first as well. Bought on release on PS3, played an hour and didn;t enjoy it and then left it a year.
Put in a good 4-5 hours or so and it starts getting very good. The combat is a bit annoying and rubbish (especially the inventory) but the story and set pieces really make it.

It is a bit repetitive but I've just picked up the remastered version to play it again as I have fond memories of it whereas most games just get forgotten with me :)

Some games, no matter how highly rated, are just not for you.

If you're still not digging it by, say, Bill's Town then it's probably not for you.

Some games, no matter how highly rated, are just not for you.

If you're still not digging it by, say, Bill's Town then it's probably not for you.

It gets a lot more fun when you are fighting people as opposed to the monsters and get some decent guns

I never got on with TLOU or any of the Uncharted games. They're no doubt fantastic, just not my kind of genre.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom