The AVF PS4 Bargain Hunters (Penny Pinchers) Thread

Add £100 to your account by midnight on 8th March and get £15 bonus.

£100 credit is £87.38 from cdkeys so you effectively get £115 at 25% off :smashin:

Nice offer but uk prices are ridiculous anyway. I'll stick to Canada psn.

Nice offer but uk prices are ridiculous anyway. I'll stick to Canada psn.

Yep same here, Pre-ordered The Division from Canadian store, £13 cheaper than from UK store, a 20% saving on a brand new title!
Best thing I did was follow this thread and create US & Canadian accounts. :thumbsup:

Yep same here, Pre-ordered The Division from Canadian store, £13 cheaper than from UK store, a 20% saving on a brand new title!
Best thing I did was follow this thread and create US & Canadian accounts. :thumbsup:

I get most of my games on the xbox these days purely for the savings. Couldn't care less about the minor differences between them both. Big games and exclusives I'll obviously go ps4 but will more often go with canada for the £10-15 difference on the new games. Souls 3 has been the one time in quite a while I've gone uk due to the price difference being a couple of quid.

I get most of my games on the xbox these days purely for the savings.

Is it much cheaper on the Xbox now then? I thought most prices were pretty similar, although I don't have one, so haven't every really bothered to take much notice, but if there are good savings to be made, I would quite fancy having both consoles.

I should look elsewhere really, not only are general prices lower, but games I'm interested in seem to get discounted everywhere but the UK. I've been waiting for Life Is Strange to go on sale, but not a sniff on the UK store, unless I missed it..

For most titles, especially AAA, you're likely to save at least £5-£10 over the cheapest PSN price by buying from foreign Xbox Marketplaces - Sometimes considerably more for Gold Editions.

I bought my Xbox One for exclusives, but access to the foreign marketplaces means I buy 90% of my Multi stuff on Xbox.

For most titles, especially AAA, you're likely to save at least £5-£10 over the cheapest PSN price by buying from foreign Xbox Marketplaces - Sometimes considerably more for Gold Editions.

I bought my Xbox One for exclusives, but access to the foreign marketplaces means I buy 90% of my Multi stuff on Xbox.

Is that not the case with PS using foreign accounts? Or are you saying you can save another £10 over Canadian PS prices?

Is that not the case with PS using foreign accounts? Or are you saying you can save another £10 over Canadian PS prices?

It's possible to yes. Aren't most Canadian prices for new release AAA about £40? You can sometimes get them on Xbox for as little as £28 and usually no more than £35. The Division Gold edition is almost £30 cheaper on Xbox compared to PSN.

Ah, ok, I'm not that bothered about day one prices, most big games are a lot less than £35 by the time I get round to playing them :D

I think you can only have so much in your account at one time.
And that's annoying as **** that they limit the amount you can have in your wallet. Most of the big editions of games are £70 or £80 so you can't even have enough for 2 games stored in there.

**** = F E C K

It's not even a swear word. ***. ( F F S - Pre-empting the filter)

And that's annoying as **** that they limit the amount you can have in your wallet. Most of the big editions of games are £70 or £80 so you can't even have enough for 2 games stored in there.
Yeah, i'm not sure why its so low £100 or something like that. I think £250 is a much more sensible amount.

This £100 is just stupid because unless your account was empty then you cant do it without buyi......wait. I see now why this offer is place now. Sneaky bastards!!!

Ah, ok, I'm not that bothered about day one prices, most big games are a lot less than £35 by the time I get round to playing them :D

Of course It's not just day one prices, you should see some of the ridonkulous prices the foreign Xbox stores have for older titles, an Xbox sale will beat out a PSN Canada sale as you have more choice in where to buy. Last thing of note was Metro Redux, Saints Row IV & expansion for £2.60.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom