The AVF IVF Thread

IronGiant

Be thinking of you in the coming weeks...

Desmo

Distinguished Member
Wishing you all the best, 6 cycles is going some.

MartinH32

Sat in the IVF clinic yet again, exhausted Facebook and Twitter so thought I'd post an update.

We are now on our 6th cycle, last 2 have failed in the first 18 days, on day 14 of this cycle, fingers crossed.
All the best. It took us 7 cycles. It was only the last cycle which was a frozen cycle that worked. We'd all but given up hope. That was 7 years ago and we were both 40. It can happen. Good luck and stay positive.

nabby

Distinguished Member
Sat in the IVF clinic yet again, exhausted Facebook and Twitter so thought I'd post an update.

We are now on our 6th cycle, last 2 have failed in the first 18 days, on day 14 of this cycle, fingers crossed.

Good luck, fella!

GrumpyOldGamer

Update: Were expecting!

20190508_140258[924].jpg

Its been a long hard graft to get here physically and emotionally weve given up so much over the last 14 months but we have done it! Early days yet we know, We have a validation scan on May 30th to see if everythings ok, will update after that, i'm ontop of the moon!

nabby

Distinguished Member
Update: Were expecting!

View attachment 1149626
Its been a long hard graft to get here physically and emotionally weve given up so much over the last 14 months but we have done it! Early days yet we know, We have a validation scan on May 30th to see if everythings ok, will update after that, i'm ontop of the moon!

Amazing news! Congrats to you and your partner! Fingers crossed for the next stage...

nabby

Distinguished Member
Little update, we had a validation scan today and saw a bean with a heartbeat, we are actually further on than we thought, 8 weeks and a day, due date of 08 January 2020.

Great news! Wishing you both a successful, happy, calm and peaceful pregnancy!

MartinH32

Little update, we had a validation scan today and saw a bean with a heartbeat, we are actually further on than we thought, 8 weeks and a day, due date of 08 January 2020.
This is fab news. We had six cycles before we got pregnant - and then had twins!

Desmo

Distinguished Member
Great news :)

GrumpyOldGamer

Look who arrived a few days early, born yesterday at 5:29pm weighing 7lb 15oz, baby Toby, mother and little one doing great infact by midnight we were home and hes currently lay on my chest trying to poo :)

20200103_193901.jpg

Safe to say he will be our last, IVF has changed our lives and its given us two miracles, it's hard going and there's plenty of knock backs but in our case it was that last try (5 in all) that paid off, thanks again for the support.

Andy.

brad123

Hi all, little background first, met my now wife 8 years ago, she was getting divorced from a cheating husband. Got married 2 years ago. Been trying for a baby for maybe 3 years, had 2 miscarriage's. We've bene to a fertilely clinic for checks after no pregnancy's for last 9 months and turns out her eggs are not really viable any more, she's, 42. We have been told about IVF. We do want a child together as she has 2 from before and I have none. I'm 44, so just worried about our ages. Both fit and healthy and young at heart. We had the zoom call last week and got told our options which would be egg donor which we are fine with to be honest. We have 2 close family members who did the same so not new to the idea.

GrumpyOldGamer

Hi all, little background first, met my now wife 8 years ago, she was getting divorced from a cheating husband. Got married 2 years ago. Been trying for a baby for maybe 3 years, had 2 miscarriage's. We've bene to a fertilely clinic for checks after no pregnancy's for last 9 months and turns out her eggs are not really viable any more, she's, 42. We have been told about IVF. We do want a child together as she has 2 from before and I have none. I'm 44, so just worried about our ages. Both fit and healthy and young at heart. We had the zoom call last week and got told our options which would be egg donor which we are fine with to be honest. We have 2 close family members who did the same so not new to the idea.

Hello Brad, we were 35 and 29 with our first, 40 and 34 with our second, both IVF (see our journey with both right here).

We wish you the best of luck on your journey.

IronGiant

I wouldn't worry too much about your ages, we had our youngest when I was 44 and my wife 42 :thumbsup: (naturally, so we were rather surprised :))

The latest video from AVForums

Movies Podcast: Star Trek in 4K. Is the new boxset worth it?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Chord Electronics launches Anni desktop amplifier
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Roku announces new Streaming Stick 4K and OS 10.5
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
T+A announces high end 200 Series audio components
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Trinnov Altitude update adds new features