The AV Forums - Can someone please buy me a Nintendo Wii thread!

Hades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Please let me know if you wish to be added to the list below. Also YOU MUST either post in here or PM me to let me know if you have managed to get one.

Forum members wishing to have a Wii purchased for them (offered in order of request)

I am now removing members names if the post that they have managed to order one. Also to make it more clear, I will renumber the list each time.

1st - Ol!ver
2nd - messenger
3rd - abesrve
4th - dvd76
5th - pointyone
6th - trudi0411
7th - Bobwii
8th - acemelhaz
9th - Phil_Boggild
10th - s80
11th - brown1
12th - branny
13th - toxic mango
14th - rytonred

If I come across one I'll get it for you, but please post here if you get sorted in the meantime - I wouldn't want to have to end up putting it on Ebay:oops:

I think some stores will attempt to put in a 1 per person policy, which will be difficult to police but will give some actual gamers a chance.

I checked out my local Asda, no luck. The only Tesco extra for 25 miles has a sign saying they will not be stocking Wii's.
Oh well.:(

If I come across one I'll get it for you, but please post here if you get sorted in the meantime - I wouldn't want to have to end up putting it on Ebay:oops:
That's very kind of you. My sister will not be phoning Asda till Fri morning and its a chance in a million if she gets lucky with the old Wii.

So if you manage to find one Thurs... then its a big :thumbsup: from me :)

Im going to try tesco's tomorrow and friday, if there's two there i will grab you one, and if youve allready got one i will offer to a avforum member at retail, on the slim chance i get one.

could u bear me in mind Fozzy17

you have probably checked my wanted thread in the gaming forum

Trouble is its one per person,but the chances of me being there when they arrive is slim, i will ring them tomorrow and friday.
if they come in friday my mrs is off so could get two.

oh well see what happens :thumbsup:

because of work commitments i cant visit any stores and looks like chances of getting one online before xmas is zilch

wish nintendo would ship millions into uk before xmas :D

Maybe what we need to set up is an AVF - I've found some Wii's club.

Myself and another AVF member who live local are both looking out for each other but maybe it would be good to have a list of people who agree to look out for each other and will try to get the other members Wii's (obviously after making sure they get one first).

I would guess that those of us still after one are not the Greedy ebay type anyway (I personally have never bought even 1 console to flog on ebay for an over inflated price - even though I could have on many occaisions).

The way I see it is that more than anything we all probably want one for Christmas (either for our children or so that we can have some fun at get togethers). To be honest, if I don't get one for Christmas then i'll just get one whenever I can just pick up a decent bundle or at least just pick one up off the shelf.

What do people think?

EDIT - I guess the way round 1 per person is to go to the shop with 2 or 3 people and then all buy separately. Obviously that's not always an option but i'm sure that my wife would come with me and I may even be able to pick up my parents on the way.

I think thats a great idea, Im having trouble obtaining a wii, I have already brought the games I want and a copy of wii play for the remote, but still have no wi and its annoying, I live in northfield on the outskirts of birmingham and dont drive so its virtually impossible for me to get to the supermarkets which seem to be getting a lot of stock, all i keep getting are false promises from stores like virgin, yeh we'll have some in tomorrow, so i get there for when it opens, sorry none in the delivery, will proberly be after christmas now, so was rather gutted and after hearing asda/tesco had quite a few in made me even more gutted because i cant get to them, so ii think your idea of people looking out for each other would be great.

Hi,

I'm in the same boat and I'm willing to keep an eye out for people. I was 6th in an Asda store that had 5 come in this morning and wasn't too impressed!

I'm in the Bristol area and would be grateful if people could do the same for me please.

Thanks.

Barry

Good stuff! I guess it's all about using the power of the internet to cover most of the country. Perhaps the OP of this thread could edit the original post and stick down the list of people who wish to look out for themselves and others along with the areas they can source from.

I'm in York so could get them from the likes of York, Harrogate, Selby, Leeds, Weatherby etc.

That'd be a great idea, as you can tell if you've read my post a bit further down, im having massive trouble obtaining a wii because i dont dont thus its hard for me to get to supermarkets, plus im a student so have uni lectures to attend aswell, so yeh I think we should get a list going.

I'm going to try a couple of places on Merseyside tomorrow and I'll drag someone with me!

Steve.

If some one would be kind anuff to get me one and Will send you a anuff to get a few drinks over christmas or even a couple HD DVD`s or DVD`s.

Desperate for one ! :suicide:

I'd be in for this, I'll keep an eye out in Sheffield/Doncaster

Not being funny but maybe you should keep a closer eye on the forum. I posted last night and this morning to let all know that Cortonwood (just a few miles from Sheffield/Donc had 100 in this morning.
Maybe you were busy and couldn't get on the forum?

Not being funny but maybe you should keep a closer eye on the forum. I posted last night and this morning to let all know that Cortonwood (just a few miles from Sheffield/Donc had 100 in this morning.
Maybe you were busy and couldn't get on the forum?

Been at the Girlfriend's, so not been on the forum anything like as much as usual during those times.

Anyone in the birmingham area, that could give me the head up if they hear of anywhere getting stock in, would be very appreciated.

Been at the Girlfriend's, so not been on the forum anything like as much as usual during those times.

Ah sorry mate, mind you given a choice between queuing outside asda at 5 this morning or being at your girlfriends i know where i'd rather have been.
Well not YOUR girlfriends but........ oh you know what i mean :rotfl:

Tesco Hatfield told me tonight when I popped in for a freeview box, that they did not get any in at all & I almost got the impression that they were not going to stock it at that branch :eek:

Tesco Hatfield told me tonight when I popped in for a freeview box, that they did not get any in at all & I almost got the impression that they were not going to stock it at that branch :eek:

I was told exactly the same in the Tescos Hatfield store last night & that they weren't expecting any now until February. I then went into Comet next door the guy in there said February too but he'd heard Tesco's were expecting 50 in this week?

I'm beginning to give up, it's a wild goose chase around the St.Albans & surrounding area, I haven't heard of 1 single over the counter purchase, only pre-orders, of which I'm miles down the list at Currys.

I will keep my eye out in the MK area. Asda had 5 yesterday and they were not in before I went to a meeting so I was intending to shoot over there as soon as my meeting finished and wait but they had been in and gone by the time it finished. :mad:

I am off work as of the end of today so I will happily queue somewhere that has them. If I can persuade me misses to join in I can definately get two but any kind soul who gets a spare and wants to sell me one would be greatly appreciated :)

I have a feeling my recently placed Gameplay order may take some time to come through.

I have updated the original post. Names are down in order as people have asked to be added. I think its only fair that if anyone manages to get one to pass on... that we work down the list 'in order'.

Once one has been passed on to someone on the list, I will amend it accordingly.

Please can we try and keep this thread to those wanting/looking for and bought Nintendo Wii's. Makes it a lot easier for me to follow and update.

Thanks,

Gazza.

if only body is in the london area that can pick one up for me for my 12 year old there is £30 in it for them :lease:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom