The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford - Music from the Motion Pi

Tech News

News Supplying Robot
Reviewed by Chris McEneany
Much like the film itself, Nick Cave and Warren Ellis supply a score that is sombre and melancholy, lyrical and meditative … yet, all the while, retains a lilting dread and sense of foreboding. Ambient but accessible, dark and haunting, yet possessed of such period folk harmonies that the whole album feels as though it can effortlessly transporting you to a bygone time. It is strange how the emotional side of the saga still comes through even shorn of the imagery and it is, indeed, difficult to listen to this without seeing Casey Affleck’s adulation and eventual resentment as Ford, and Pitt’s eternally staring, psychotic eyes as James within the aural landscape that was created to surround them.

Intimate and mournful, The Assassination Of Jesse James is deceptively profound and quietly devastating. As I said earlier, the double-bill of this and James Newton Howard’s I Am Legend score make curiously compatible bedfellows for a night of quiet reflection ... provided you are in the right mood.

Recommended.
Read the full review...

bosque

Novice Member
An excellent review ! I very rarely buy film music but Chris's powerful review has really sold me into getting hold of this, and his comments on the film were very convincing as well.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom