The Apprentice Season 2

ash

How did you find the first show? Did anyone watch the BBC3 supplement afterwards?

I found it okay, the girls are a lot more lively than last time (there was only Saira who was good last time).

Anyway, my mates uncle is Syed and I know what happens to him :devil:
Don't worry, I will use the spoiler code

krish

Distinguished Member
Does your mate think his uncle's an utter "James Blunt" as the rest of us do? :devil:

An entertaining character to have, as he's a two-faced backstabbing a-hole which everyone else including Sugar noticed as soon as they encountered him

KevD

Novice Member
I caught the repeat. Have to agree with Sir Alan about the girls, flirting with spotty teenagers on a market stall on hackney is all well and good but I dont think it will get very far when dealing the real world of business and if they think that will work, they will be fired very soon :thumbsup:

Bassbin

Novice Member
I didn't think much of last night's show and felt it lost a lot of credibility. I think Joe stayed in purely to help ratings. Maybe AS was 'persuaded' by the shows producers.

mattym

Banned
nah, i thought he would give her the bullet, too much brown-nosing and not enough real person, i dont reckon the Jo will be in that long..the plump chick with the attitude was the real problem for the girls, they are in it for themselves and not playing the game..

shahedz

Distinguished Member
ashmufc said:
Syed was pretty decent, and Karen getting fired was a bad mistake. Why does AS like Joe that much?

Ash i have to agree with you on that, on my other post i didnt like Syed, but over the past 2 weeks, he has really impressed me, he's a real go getter and also he managed his team real well yesterday,

i cannot stand that Jo girl, she gets too emotional , an obvious pathetic manager , i dont understand why AS kept her on, she is obivously useless under pressure,

plus i really fancied Karen so her getting fired has ruined the show for me :D

krish

Distinguished Member
shahedz said:
Ash i have to agree with you on that, on my other post i didnt like Syed, but over the past 2 weeks, he has really impressed me, he's a real go getter and also he managed his team real well yesterday,

i cannot stand that Jo girl, she gets too emotional , an obvious pathetic manager , i dont understand why AS kept her on, she is obivously useless under pressure,

plus i really fancied Karen so her getting fired has ruined the show for me :D

same here!! - though he does still go over the top as a testosterone charged Glengarry Glenross / boiler room salesman; just looking out for a week when he doesn't go on about "closing". I would have expected all these candidates to be skilled at selling/negotiating, so its a given that they should always be going for the close

Alexa or Jo should have been fired - and I'm pretty sure from the teaser for next week, that Alexa's on the receiving end of AS's "... you're a lightweight, your fired". AS was spot on with his critique of Alexa. They're both way out of their depth, and Jo's inarticulate rambling, faffing and tantrums just make her a huge pain up the derriere.

ash

Maybe AS fells sorry for Joe as she worked fro Rover LOL!

And this has to be one of the few Apprentice quotes I will remember.
"I don't know if your jsut a bloody nutter" by AS.
The others one are from Season 1, like one of the contestants say "I swear on God" or somehting similiar and AS goes "I'm Jewish and I don't care"

I think I need to get a life.
PS, I hope they release this on DVD.

shahedz

Distinguished Member
ashmufc said:
The others one are from Season 1, like one of the contestants say "I swear on God" or somehting similiar and AS goes "I'm Jewish and I don't care"

i rememeber Paul saying that ,and i laughed out loud! that was hilarious, Krish well put, Syed would be great in a boiler room situation, i think he is good at getting stuck into things , buying etc but planning doesnt seem to be his strong point , looks like he doesnt have the paitence for it, but all the best to him,

i really want Jo to get fired, her facial features remind me of the Grim Reaper, my dear Karen how i miss her so :(

shahedz

Distinguished Member
todays's episode was brillaint, at the beginning i found mani a bit slimely and thought he was gonna lose, but then it showed how weak alexia was, she was truely useless, well done for mani for managing well and delivering, i thought at the end Syed was gonna get sacked which i wouldnt now as i like his attitude!

shahedz

Distinguished Member
yeah i laughed when Alan Sugar called him a "cheeky *******" for saying "thank you for the oppourtunity" , the way i see it you want a guy like syed on your team, i think Paul is honest sincere and a good talker too, i loved his comment to that bird "pizza slices £1 for sexy ladies, you just about scrape through"

krish

Distinguished Member
shahedz said:
todays's episode was brillaint, at the beginning i found mani a bit slimely and thought he was gonna lose, but then it showed how weak alexia was, she was truely useless, well done for mani for managing well and delivering, i thought at the end Syed was gonna get sacked which i wouldnt now as i like his attitude!

I really cannot understand how Alexa was selected as a contestant.... unless for the sake of ratings they needed someone who was so useless they couldn't find [email protected]# in a sewer. I thought contestants had to have a past reputation and record of experience that qualified them; all Alexa seemed to do was take the whole thing as a GCSE pupil on work experience trying to learn new things - she displayed no leadership or management skills, no decision making skills, no business skills, .... no skills, period!

Syed has reconfirmed his role as the James Blunt of the bunch, taking no responsibility for his monumental cockup; Mani's a close second as a cheesy management consultant with no communication skills but an exaggerated sense of his own importance; Paul is a very funny guy and along with Ansell, Ruth and Michelle - they are the ones to watch, yet to show all their cards, yet to get emotional or all sweary and peed off, and yet to eff up.

shahedz

Distinguished Member
i was thinking the same how did they actually choose her, but like anything on TV i think to make the show interesting they got contestants with clashing perosnailties, after all a show with 14 people with an attitude like jo or syed would get boring after a while but each of them have thier unique pesonaltiy whic are such extremes that it makes the show interesting, Mani = cheesey , perfect description, i do agree with you about Syed didnt want to accept repsonsibitlity for his mistakes but i like his go get attitude, i am glad though that Alan Sugar ( which james blunt claims to be a working class hero then says call me "Sir Alan" ) did balme him for the screw up and didnt let his slyness blind him.

fasterthanjesus

Standard Member
alexa. she had that "rabbit in the headlights" look about her, she never managed to do anything constructive, and when challenged made an absolute tit of herself.

god only knows how jo didnt get the boot for her hitleresque pm performance the other week.

syed flies by the seat of his pants, and its all too obvious.

all in all, its a good mix of people, thought it was good when mani was asking the scottish lady what her problems were, walking away from a perfectly calm conversation and blubbing isnt business like!

i thought the guy who got potted from the first episode was a bit of an alan partridge. would have liked to see more of him.

Steve T

Syed is quality - 100 chickens for 100 pizzas, then blaming Alexa. I particularly liked his "I've run restaurants for 8 years, so I'm a catering god, don't mess with me...." and then goes and orders about 5 times more ingredients than they needed and then run for cover.

Alexa couldn't manage a social evening in the Guinness Storehouse on St Patricks day... :) and I think this was the only reason Syed didn't go:

Sir Alan "Well, Alexa who should I fire?"

Alexa "Errrrrr, errrrr well it's tricky, I guess I should assume some responsibility"

Sir Alan "So I should fire you?"

Alexa "Errrrr, errrrr, no, maybe, how about Syed, errr"

Sir A Hole "You're a lightweight - your fired!"

Class!

Mrs Stevet worked for Rover and knew of Jo (by reputation), apparently she is exactly as obnoxious in real life.....

krish

Distinguished Member
Steve T said:
....Mrs Stevet worked for Rover and knew of Jo (by reputation), apparently she is exactly as obnoxious in real life.....

She's already got her own personal website with blog:
www.jocameron.co.uk :rolleyes:
(and an older recruitment website for ex-MG Rover workers www.mgrovertoptalent.com )

so too has Alexa:
www.alexatilley.com

... and Tuan:
www.tuanle.co.uk

Karen:
www.karenbremner.com

They're probably spoiler free, as I expect they're gagged by the BBC until the appropriate time.

some other info..

other sources said:
....Syed Ahmed claims to have been a restaurant manager for Marco Pierre White's White Starline Group. Sara Nathan in The Sun on February 25 suggested that Syed was, in fact, head waiter and then assistant manager at the Titanic. Nathan also mentions that former colleagues at a company called Interquest were amused to find him on the Apprentice.

Steve T

Quote:
Originally Posted by other sources
....Syed Ahmed claims to have been a restaurant manager for Marco Pierre White's White Starline Group. Sara Nathan in The Sun on February 25 suggested that Syed was, in fact, head waiter and then assistant manager at the Titanic. Nathan also mentions that former colleagues at a company called Interquest were amused to find him on the Apprentice.

So that's why it sank, he ordered too many frozen chickens and overloaded the ship..... :rolleyes: (I'll get me coat)

shahedz

Distinguished Member
didn't see that coming at all. i thought it would have been ruth, then jo last of all mani. He showed good qaulities as a project manager last week. jo showed terrible qualities as a team manager, showed she doesnt work well in a team, and has been in the firing line 3 times out of 5 yet he keeps her in, its obvious now she is there to keep things interesting for viewers, any fool can see she isnt good material.

Pezza

So... further to the postings about blogs above, does the fact that all bar two of them have blogs or mentions on websites, and one of those two has been fired, mean that you can basically figure out who the winner is?

krish

Distinguished Member
something thats just started to bug me....

Every other week there are an odd number of candidates, so one team will have the advantage of additional headcount! Quite unfair really.

To redress the balance, there should really be a correction factor applied to the bigger or smaller team's result, but this doesn't happen does it? I missed much of series 1 as well as the US version, so may be this has been addressed?

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Trinnov Room Optimiser: A full explanation of Trinnov and its room optimiser technology

Latest News

AVForums Podcast: 27th February 2021
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
Musical Fidelity launches M3x Vinyl phono stage
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
SVS launches 1000 Pro Series subwoofers
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
T+A launches new Caruso R music system plus optional speakers
  • By Andy Bassett