• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

The Andromeda Strain

Razor

Distinguished Member
The Andromeda Strain is based on the celebrated Michael Crichton novel, this sci-fi mini-series boasts an all-star cast. A deadly virus threatens the Earth's population unless a team of scientists can find a cure in time.

The Andromeda Strain is 3 hours long and split into 2 parts. I have seen the first part and it seems quiet good. :)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0424600/

Razor

Distinguished Member

Mr_Wistles

Distinguished Member
I am in the same boat. Watched the first half yesterday was going to watch the second part tonight.

pmc

Established Member
I watched the whole thing and it was pretty pants. About the only involvement I can imagine the Scott brothers had was passing on it.

Broadsword

Prominent Member
does the story differ much from the classic original?

Well where it does differ are the bits that are completely stupid and silly. Its just Hollywood crap to be honest.

Spoiler alert.....

The fields turn a different colour to depict the virus spreading across the country and then it ends up chasing them around. Then they need to cut of the guys finger to stop the detonation.

And so on and so on. All stuff not in the original.

If you like the original film then you have to watch it but for me it was very tedious in the end. I enjoyed the first part though.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom