The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (HMV Exclusive) (Blu-ray Steelbook)

Got my mum to order one for me over the phone because I'm on holiday. Easy done, no problem.

I paid a £5 deposit on both. ASM2 will be £16.99 the guy said. Not a bad price.
Is that £16.99 after paying a £5 deposit? Which means £21.99 or £16.99 as the price ?. Hopefully £16.99 that's a good price

Jolly good, if there is anyone who cant pickup one let me know, I can pre order a few more.

Hmmm im a little miffed at no 3d but they did it first time round too.

Might have to reconsider and see if the german version is like last time, same steelbook but with the 3d disc instead. It was 3d and 2d on one disc right?

Nevermind, looks like german steelbook is same as uk and the collectors edition is just a blue plastic head and 3 discs in a drawer.

So now I have a decision.

1. Sell the collector's edition I have and just buy amarays of both films.
2. Keep it and just buy the uk 3d amaray of ASM2 (unlikely)
3.Buy the steelbook and 3d amaray of ASM2 thus double dipping.

Last edited:
Hmmm im a little miffed at no 3d but they did it first time round too.

Might have to reconsider and see if the german version is like last time, same steelbook but with the 3d disc instead. It was 3d and 2d on one disc right?

Nevermind, looks like german steelbook is same as uk and the collectors edition is just a blue plastic head and 3 discs in a drawer.

So now I have a decision.

1. Sell the collector's edition I have and just buy amarays of both films.
2. Keep it and just buy the uk 3d amaray of ASM2 (unlikely)
3.Buy the steelbook and 3d amaray of ASM2 thus double dipping.

Or buy the steelbook and see if someone is selling the 3D disc separately on here.

Or buy the steelbook and see if someone is selling the 3D disc separately on here.

There is that but its unlikely as the only way to buy the 3d is with 2d, so if you just wanted 2d you would just buy the 2d?

Although having said that some do it to make the 2d copy cheap.

There is that but its unlikely as the only way to buy the 3d is with 2d, so if you just wanted 2d you would just buy the 2d?

Although having said that some do it to make the 2d copy cheap.

That's what I mean, i've read that. Failing that, just wait till the 3D version drops. How are you finding home 3D?

On there twitter page hmv has confirmed 3D and 2D disc all you have to do is read :)

Jolly good, if there is anyone who cant pickup one let me know, I can pre order a few more.
Very kind offer koda! Would you mind pre ordering one for me please? Let me know your PayPal addy and I'll send over the deposit. I finally picked up the first one on eBay last night been trying to work out how I can get to hmv, you've saved me a journey! Thanks mate.

3D confirmed its the 7th tweet down

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-07-04-16-53-13.png
    Screenshot_2014-07-04-16-53-13.png
    422.5 KB · Views: 92
They were wrong, it was confirmed not long after that they mistakenly said that. No 3D with this steelbook.

Oh well i have no 3D tv anyway i have quite a few steelbooks with the 3D version in them it will be a while before i get to watch tem and a 4K TV is my next Baby :D

im still getting this steelbook and at a reasonable price too. At least i can check for dents and get a replacement straightaway with HMV over the counter if there are any problems instead of waiting nearly
2 weeks for Zavvi to get there thumb out of there A**E :D

Winning poster to be included inside steelbook... :)

asm2poster-jpg.497621

Attachments

• ASM2poster.jpg
    ASM2poster.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 1,031
Stll only interested if they relent and include the 3d with this.

Sent from my iPhone using AVForums

Stll only interested if they relent and include the 3d with this.

I do admit it is nice to have the 3D version included but i have quite a few 3D discs included in my steelbooks and still no 3D bluray player or 3D TV to watch them on plus 3D hurts my eyes so im not bothered im getting this purely because i have The ASM on steelbook.

A blind buy for me though as i don't know how good it is ?

I do admit it is nice to have the 3D version included but i have quite a few 3D discs included in my steelbooks and still no 3D bluray player or 3D TV to watch them on plus 3D hurts my eyes so im not bothered im getting this purely because i have The ASM on steelbook.

It's good but it is FX heavy. They could have done more in way of character development I feel.

I saw it in 2d and wished I'd done 3d instead. Thought it was excellent, much better than the first.

I do have a 3d set up at home, hence the preference to hold out for any foreign issue which includes the 3d version.

I saw it in 2d and wished I'd done 3d instead. Thought it was excellent, much better than the first.

I do have a 3d set up at home, hence the preference to hold out for any foreign issue which includes the 3d version.

Thats good to hear i have the original Spiderman trilogy steelbook aswell so if i miss this then it's not going to complete the set.

any idea when it is released as HMV saturday had computer problems ?

Just watched this and thought it was really good, much better than the first.

Now I gotta get one from a HMV when released

Thats good to hear i have the original Spiderman trilogy steelbook aswell so if i miss this then it's not going to complete the set.

any idea when it is released as HMV saturday had computer problems ?

I believe it's early September.

I need to get to an HMV to order this! Wish there was one closer to me though! Both store that were easy accessable closed down

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom