The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (HMV Exclusive) (Blu-ray Steelbook)

vtrmart

Distinguished Member
I was told in HMV that X-men comes out the beginning of November and this comes out the beginning of September... surely X-Men date is wrong?!

Spidey came out mid April, x men toward the end of may which could account for the respective release dates.

ssbib

Distinguished Member
Also preordered from the Trafford Centre today. £5 deposit paid. I paid the same deposit for X-Men DOFP.
Don't know why they made you pay full price?
Maybe you look shifty.......or that the staff don't really know what they are doing. ;-)

Sent from my iPad using AVForums

I asked my Dad to preorder Spider-Man for me when he was in the TC. I told him that you only really have to pay a fiver or so but he just paid in full anyway. When I preordered X-Men they tried to make me pay full price but I asked to pay just a fiver instead and they said ok.

Lights 31

Its quite funny when people complain about the border going through the art work, now they put they art inside the border, and people complain and dont like it. I think this looks great.

Vid

Distinguished Member
Tried to order this yesterday but they refused to place one as they were shutting down and relocating. What that has to do with pr-ordering I don't know. :confused:

The Ringmaster

Tried to order this yesterday but they refused to place one as they were shutting down and relocating. What that has to do with pr-ordering I don't know. :confused:

Because that particular store cannot fulfil that pre-order. Relocation means new store address etc.
How far away are they re-locating?

Vid

Distinguished Member
Because that particular store cannot fulfil that pre-order. Relocation means new store address etc.
How far away are they re-locating?

Only across the road so not a big issue. But you saying that now makes me wonder about my Xmen pre-order is that going to be valid ?? I paid a deposit for that.

The Ringmaster

Only across the road so not a big issue. But you saying that now makes me wonder about my Xmen pre-order is that going to be valid ?? I paid a deposit for that.

Ah good point. I guess it all depends on when they are moving exactly. They have obviously put into place some sort of cut off point in relation to pre-ordering items, but then if they are honouring (or so you think) X-Men, why not do it for this too? My theory: It's that bit more work they don't want until re-location is in place combined with the whole change of store address, deliveries etc.
What I would do is try again with another member of staff. Your deposit is safe regardless because you have a receipt right? Moving just across the road I would imagine the same boss, same staff, bigger store(?) etc, so I wouldn't worry about that. The worst thing that could happen is that you simply get your money back.

chancy007

Im not bothered it looks nice anything is better than getting a damaged steelbook from Zavvi

(and yes i am very anti-zavvi from now on)

Lights 31

Apparently this will have silk varnish (whatever that is) and embossed treatment. Should be awesome in hand!

absolutely80s

Ridiculous there's no 3D included. I'll be passing on this on favour of an overseas release which has both.

Sent from my iPhone using AVForums

Bobtab

Ridiculous there's no 3D included. I'll be passing on this on favour of an overseas release which has both.

Sent from my iPhone using AVForums

Agreed.
The steelbook is supposed to be the best available "premium" version for the "collector".

Not some half arsed attempt to try and get you to double dip and buy the 3D version.

Disappointed to say the least.

absolutely80s

Agreed.
The steelbook is supposed to be the best available "premium" version for the "collector".

Not some half arsed attempt to try and get you to double dip and buy the 3D version.

Disappointed to say the least.

Marvel are as bad as Disney/Pixar....why should the UK be treated differently to other major markets? US, Canada and Germany generally get the full works with their releases...."rip off Britain" indeed.

absolutely80s

Is there an oversea's steelbook with 3D?

HDN make reference to a Korean issue, but there's no detail behind this. I hope so. Best Buy issued a 3D steel for the first movie, but no info on the follow up.....

Koda

HMV are doing a thing with Sony, you can design a poster to come with the steelbook. Looks like we get a poster as well?

Koda

Whoever wins, gets their art on the posters. Hopfully whoever wins does a nice one.

Nickcook1845

For some reason I only just got round to watching the first film and WOW, really enjoyed it way more than I thought I would! All over this one, I want to watch it NOW haha

Koda

I pre ordered this today in HMV Portsmouth. No deposit required. No receipt given either. They Have my details from the X-Men DOFP steel anyway so just added to that.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips TV Launch Event, Soundbar vs AVR, Samsung EzCAL and more...

Latest News

Philips debuts fifth generation P5 Picture Processing Suite
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
AVForums Podcast: 27th January 2021
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
Philips introduces new 9206 and 8506 LED Android TVs for 2021
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Philips unveils 9636 and 9506 MiniLED TVs
  • By Andy Bassett