The Amazing Race DVD Review & Comments

Tech News

Reaction score
A globe-trotting, all action show, The Amazing Race definitely has a unique feel. It takes the reality TV concept and really runs with it. Combining genuine challenges, physical and emotional, it is life-on-the-edge by proxy for the adrenaline-loving couch potato. I didn’t think I’d like it, as I’ve already said, but it contained enough twists and turns and real-life drama to keep me watching. As with any contest as long and as intense as this, an attempt is made to get to know the participants, but I was still surprised by how little I actually gave a damn as to who was eliminated. The madcap moments have a cool drive that does get the pulse racing, though. And the challenges are pretty nifty, too.

I’m not that impressed with the extras, to be honest. But, in the set’s defence, the main thing is the show, itself, and there is certainly enough of that to keep you entertained. The AV quality is perfunctory – it does the best with what it’s got. This was a TV show, after all, despite the presence of Bruckheimer, and to knock its little faults and discrepancies would be churlish.

Overall, this is a great boxset, folks. If you were a fan in the first place, then this is an essential purchase. If, like me, you are new to it, and you decide to take the challenge – I think you’ll enjoy it. However, I really cannot imagine anyone other than the teams involved ever actually sitting through it a second time.
Read the full review...

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom