The allusive Panasonic webcam drivers!!!

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Making Forum' started by Jim42, Mar 7, 2006.

1. Jim42

Jim42

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi folks, I recently bought a Panasonic NVGS-21 and expressly asked for a camcorder that I could use as a web cam (nothing dodgy - my dad lives in Spain and his 1st grandchild is about to be born!). Anyway, can I find the drivers to make the video-steaming work with an XP PC via fire-wire?!?!?! :suicide: And it appears I'm not the only one. After a little investigation this appears to be a major occurance for many. I've emailed Panasonic, but judging by other people's experiences, I'm not holding me breath. So I wondered if there are any enlightened people out there in cyber-land who could be of assistance? :lease:

I really would be most grateful for any assistance. Thanking you in advance.

Jim :thumbsup:

2. Brian110507

Brian110507

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What programme have you been using to try and set up a webcam ??

My Panasonic camcorder works perfectly well as a web cam with MSN messenger without any additional drivers at all - have you actually tried connecting it up and using the MSN Audio and Video 'Wizard' to see if it works. - make sure the camcorder is in 'camera' mode .

( Or whatever instant 'chat' software you intend to use to communicate with your Father )

Failing that you could download and try this programme :-

http://www.orangeware.com/endusers/webcamdv.html