The All In One Question ...

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by monkeyleader, Jan 21, 2008.

1. monkeyleader

monkeyleader

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +87
    So I've recently purchased a 55" Sony Rear Projection for downstairs. Although my main cinema room is actually upstairs (sanyo z4) I still want complement the new screen downstairs with a decent home cinema package.

At present downstairs I've got a 5 year old yamaha amp which is starting to show its age. The sub downstairs (which came with my previous TV) died about 6 months ago.

I was wondering, do any of the all in one packages tick all of the following boxes

- multi-region support (even through a hack)
    - 2 optical inputs (sky hd + ps3)
    - upscaling support for SD DVDs.

Most I've looked at only tick 2 at most (multi-region / upscaling)

Any suggestions?

Nige

2. Welsh Whirlwind

Welsh Whirlwind

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +262
    How about this new Sony package: HTD-870RSF, comprised of the RDRHX870 DVD HDD 160gb recorder and the new Sony amp HT-SF1200 aka HT-SF2000. It has all you need and much more. I currently own this system and it's and absolute aural delight...

Find my Review (plus connectivity pics)HERE

:smashin:

3. monkeyleader

monkeyleader

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +87
    Nice review and indeed nice package. Perhaps just a little over what I really wanted to pay given that this is my 2nd system. I don't really need the HDD to be honest.

But then again if I think about it this does give me the startings of the HDMI amp which of course helps to free up an optical input for non-hdmi equipped gear.

Has this got 3 HDMI in / 1 out, with 2 optical in / 1 out ?

Just to confirm the DVD player can be made / is already multi-region?

Have you tested it with divx - can it upscale that also?

Nige

4. Welsh Whirlwind

Welsh Whirlwind

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +262
    Well, it's probably inevitable that your gonna find it useful in the future so it still might be worth going for. And trust me the simplicity of recording on the HDD, and the frankly amazing quality of the picture (unbelievably good on HQ+ mode) you'll wonder how you ever lived without one! -I certainly do! :thumbsup:

To answer your questions:

*The Amp has 3 HDMI in and 1 out - Yes

*2 optical in - Yes

*1 digital coaxial in - Yes

*Upscales Divx - Yes up to 1080p (see the independant review of the recorder on the link provided by my review. You'll notice they rave about divx quality and it's upscaling abilities)

*Region unlock - Yes, again link provided in my review for the remote hack. Easy to do, and mine is now region free.

:smashin: