The ale special offers thread

Tetlee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just noticed IanJ's wine offers thread and thought it was a nice little idea for flagging up the bargains http://www.avforums.com/forums/general-chat/1362285-wine-special-offers-thread.html

Not really much of a wine drinker mysel but do drink more than my share of Ale:)

So here we are, a thread to share your bargain ale spots

I'll kick off with a lovely little beer I just re-stocked on today while in Morrisons, and has been priced at £1.00 a 500ml bottle for around a week now(strangely without any offer label, it's usually around £1.79 I think). Brakspear "Double Dropped" Bitter. Well worth stocking up on and for my taste a nice winter beer.

Enjoy;)

ASDA were doing a box of 8 Hobgoblin for £8 a week or so ago. This is the proper 5.2% stuff not the 4.5% stuff sold in pubs these days. :smashin:

The Brakspear "Double Dropped" Bitter that I mentioned earlier have gone back to full price in Morrisons, but are now on offer at £1 a bottle in Sainsburys, lovely stuff for that money:thumbsup:

The Brakspear "Double Dropped" Bitter that I mentioned earlier have gone back to full price in Morrisons, but are now on offer at £1 a bottle in Sainsburys, lovely stuff for that money:thumbsup:
Thanks, I'll pick a few of those up.

3 for £20 is back on at tesco's :smashin:

One of my bottled favourites is on bargain price in Morrisons at the moment(saw it today).

Badger Golden Champion - £1.25 per 500ml bottle.

Fantastic beer:smashin:

One of my bottled favourites is on bargain price in Morrisons at the moment(saw it today).

Badger Golden Champion - £1.25 per 500ml bottle.

Fantastic beer:smashin:

Nice beer but £1.25 is still more than I want to pay, £1 a bottle or less and I buy :smashin:

Nice beer but £1.25 is still more than I want to pay, £1 a bottle or less and I buy :smashin:

lol, I do love my £1 bottle bargains, although I can't say I can remember ever seeing any of the Badger range selling for less than £1.25, aside from Somerfield with the standard Badger Bitter(only place I've ever seen that one, and no longer have a Somerfield nearby).

I went into my local Sainsburys on Saturday but they didn't have it on offer. has it ended?

I went into my local Sainsburys on Saturday but they didn't have it on offer. has it ended?

Couldn't tell you, I don't shop in Sainsburys very often(especially with that bloomin Morrisons promo that feels like we've been spending towards for weeks!:)).

Lidl are doing crates of 12 ales for £13.99, not sure what the Bank's bitter is doing in it though?

LIDL

Well as luck would have it, Im coming over to dear Old Blighty later this week for a short visit, so this thread is extremely useful.

Thanks everyone! :beer::beer::beer::beer:

:arty::arty::arty:

:clown::clown:

Just in time for the Xmas stock up you can get Spitfire,Marston's Pedigree, Bishops Finger and Hobgoblin at the great price of 5 bottles (500ml) for £5, £1 a bottle at your friendly local neighbourhood Lidl.

Merry Xmas indeed.:D:smashin:

Popped into Morrisons earlier on and they currently have Shephard Neame: Master Brew on offer at £1 per 500ml bottle.

Master_Brew_Bitter_lareg.jpg

Can't remember drinking Master Brew before but a big fan of Shepherd Neame, they do some lovely ales. Will be popping one open in a bit:)

Was in Asda just now and they have several great deals on Ales, £1 a bottle, including Badger Fursty Ferret:cool:

Unusually they were all in stock aswell. Typical when I'm already overstocked:facepalm:

Popped into Morrisons earlier on and they currently have Shephard Neame: Master Brew on offer at £1 per 500ml bottle.

Let me know what you think. I like most of the Shephard Neame stuff but Master Brew has quite an unusual taste and I'm not decided on it yet.

Cheers,

Nigel

Let me know what you think. I like most of the Shephard Neame stuff but Master Brew has quite an unusual taste and I'm not decided on it yet.

Cheers,

Nigel

It was very nice, but not one of my favourites of theirs(Early Bird takes that credit, hurry up Spring!).

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom