1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"The Adventures of Indiana Jones: The Complete DVD Movie Collection" which region?

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by StooMonster, Nov 5, 2003.

1. StooMonster

StooMonster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +314
    Yes I've searched this forum before posting and saw loads of stuff about R4 (uncut PAL) vs R2, but nothing about R1 versus these two (perhaps my search term "Jones" wasn't good enough).

Which is better for PQ and sound, R4 or R1? Is the R4 pitch adjusted?

StooMonster

2. FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Pitch adjusted or not its cheaper to just buy region 1 as its uncut and the picture quality will be the same, ive already made my feelings known about Raiders lacking some sparkle and the whip and gun sound at the beginning of the film lackin the detail i expected but i expect a major re-mix and in a few years we're all buy HD-DVD versions with much better sound quality.

3. CrispyXUK

CrispyXUK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    r4 is uncut too

4. StooMonster

StooMonster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +314
    Christ alight, I didn't ask for the moon on a stick; but get the same stuff back that I posted!

StooMonster: "R4 (uncut PAL)"
    CrispyXUK: "r4 is uncut too"

Err... thanks for that valuable input. :rolleyes:

StooMonster: "Which is better for PQ and sound, R4 or R1?"
    FoxyMulder: "cheaper to just buy region 1 as its uncut and the picture quality will be the same"

Don't care which is cheaper, asked about PQ and sound. I can search a website and see that £25 is cheaper than £27. :rolleyes:

Why will PQ be the same? Often with PAL and NTSC of same film this is not the case, and no, one resolution/refreshrate is not intrinsically better than the other -- hence my question about which has the better PQ.

However, I have read FoxyMulder's post on the sound before and his disappointment with R1 sound. Is it the same on R4 one wonders?

FoxyMulder: in a few years we're all buy HD-DVD versions

You could say that about all DVDs mate. ;)

StooMonster

5. figrin_dan

figrin_dan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    So you're after a direct comparison between regions. Good luck!

Jurassic park is only just about to be done, so you may have a wait.

Personal opinion: For such a musical film go for the R1. I don't know that there are many pitch adjusted films but Paramount are the least likely to spend money on something like that.

6. FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Its region 2 versions i don't like i always buy region 1 cos of the 4% pitch differences, but the problem with Raiders of the Lost Ark was for me they have simply supplied us with a soundmix which was made for the laserdisc versions in the nineties, its 2003 times have changed and my expectations are higher and dvd isnt laserdisc.