1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Adventure Of Robin Hood (R1)

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Setenza, Nov 21, 2003.

1. Setenza

Setenza

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +226
    A beautiful copy of a classic, well crafted masterpiece. Revel in the sublime casting, sumptuous set and costume design. Listen to one of the most majestic and succinct scores ever composed.

The extras are superb, with more detail you can shake a stick at. Oh, and it's nice to see Bob Anderson, Errol Flyns double and trainer holding forth on swordfighting techniques. For all you embryos out there, this guy who must be in his eighties is still in the industry today, having been "master of the sword" on LOTR.

My only complaint is the flimsy digipack which arrived with yet another broken spindle.

They couldn't make them like this now even if they tried.

2. the_pauley

the_pauley
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +198
    Got this as part of the Warner Legends box set along with "Yankee Doodle Dandy" and "Treasure of the Sierra Madre" and a 7th bonus disc. Also got the "Casablanca" 2 disc from the same series. Each movie comes with a superb set of extras. This is the way to package classic movies.

Flynn's "Robin Hood" is the definitive Sherwood Forest movie and one of the greatest adventure / swahbuckler movies ever made. " Pirates of the Carribean" looks anaemic by comparison.

3. cybersoga

cybersoga

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    Region 2 version of this is out soon (i've never seen it so it'll be nice to see what Disney was making fun of), and there's also an extended version of the Kevin Costner film out same day.

4. rosemanbridge

rosemanbridge
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I received a R1 copy from DVDSoon, it was in a proper case though, not a digipak??

5. Setenza

Setenza

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +226
    This often happens. Digipacks for first pressing, regular amray case for subsequent.

My Robocop Digipack was the only disc that got "fubar" during my recent house move. Annoyingly, it is now available in quadrubple amray case.