The Addams Family (1991) 4K UHD

RedDevil85

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Link: WowHD

Release date: 09/11/2021 (US)

Will update as usual once UK release is confirmed.

TAF_4K.jpg

“Newly remastered and restored under the supervision of director Barry Sonnenfeld, The Addams Family will be presented in both the original theatrical version and a never-before-seen “More Mamushka!” version, which expands the memorable dance number. 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray Disc, and Blu-ray releases also include a brand-new featurette looking back at the making of the film that includes behind-the-scenes footage and a new interview with Sonnenfeld, as well as an introduction to the restored cut by Sonnenfeld and an archival featurette.”

Last edited:
Any word on a UK release for this?

I'm getting itchy and considering buying the US release given how good the PQ reports are so far.

Any word on a UK release for this?

I'm getting itchy and considering buying the US release given how good the PQ reports are so far.

Nope nothing yet, might as well import it if you want it now seeing as it's just under £23 shipped from the likes of WowHD which isn't too bad. Of course once you've done that then a UK release can be announced... :D

So true! I have a Stackry consignment just waiting to go, so the temptation is to simply add it to that as it seems unlikely the UK disc would be any different.

This new release seems to have prompted new rights issues between Paramount and MGM.

Basically, the movie was M.I.A. for almost two decades outside of the US because of a rights dispute between Paramount and Orion/MGM.

It was finally resolved in the early-mid 2010s, and the movie got its first release ever since the VHS overseas.

Now, the German indie label Capelight Pictures was planning a new media book edition for the movie this year, but the production was halted following rights issues which have arisen between Paramount and MGM due to this new master.

This movie can't catch a break outside of America.
From a post over at the other place, so it seems we may not see a UK release and it seems hard to find even in the US at the moment. I'm gonna get an order in at WowHD where its £22.81 delivered right now and call it a day!

I haven't received mine yet either, but someone drew a quality comparison to My Fair Lady... I can't wait to see it!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom