The 7th Guest... Myst and Riven

[email protected]

Quite by chance I read a thread about games being discounted over the "Thanksgiving Weekend", and discovered that not only "The 7th Guest" and it's sequel "The 13th Hour" but "Myst" and its first sequel the wonderful "Riven" have now been released for iOS.

For anyone too young to remember, "The 7th Guest" let's you explore a macabre haunted house, discovering lots of puzzles on the way. "The 13th Hour" features more of the same puzzles (but is a bit overblown), and I doubt Myst needs any introduction as for years it was the biggest selling computer game of all time.

I bought "The 7th Guest" for just $1.99... and it cost me £40.00 or more for the PC when it was first released in the early 90s!

And most exciting for me was the announcement on the publisher's website (which is Trilobyte software) that there is a 7th Guest III in development. Yay!

FYI Myst and Riven were released by Cyan.

MC77

Oh my word, I remember 'The 7th Guest' when I was about 5. Off to download, cheers!

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Trinnov Room Optimiser: A full explanation of Trinnov and its room optimiser technology
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom